BankNifty PUTs & CALLs

Nifty's options are better than BankNifty's option?

• YES

Votes: 140 74.9%
  • NO

Votes: 47 25.1%

• Total voters

Blackhole

Only for Advance users(food 4 thought Process)

given the volatility in BNF, all the months over 1800-2000 points range have the potential to get good points with strangle or straddle. Ratio spread also works well in such scenarios.

Traders needs good with getting pairs with good price while buying or selling. Advance traders with good money management and risk management,trade management can get good.

last years data based on expiry to expiry(good for Iron condors)

Again fast thinker like day trader but potential and patience like swing trader can get good.

Bnf Monthly trading range in events and trending months are virtually the same.

Please use hedges, If u r thinking on similar lines. Just my view.

Last edited:

Fundootrader

Only for Advance users(food 4 thought Process)

given the volatility in BNF, all the months over 1800-2000 points range have the potential to get good points with strangle or straddle. Ratio spread also works well in such scenarios.

Traders needs good with getting pairs with good price while buying or selling. Advance traders with good money management and risk management,trade management can get good.

last years data based on expiry to expiry(good for Iron condors)

Again fast thinker like day trader but potential and patience like swing trader can get good.

Bnf Monthly trading range in events and trending months are virtually the same.

Please use hedges, If u r thinking on similar lines. Just my view.
How to read your data - in case you are planning to publish this on line's of cloumbus on daily basis.

The format seemed little different than columbus format

Also, if you can take an example for this and previous month (downtrend) for the range you mentioned and to leverage that using strangle/straddle (not the explanation for what strangle/stradle is - but more on explaining what your observation is on leveraging the range)

columbus

Max OI : 15500 CE and 14000 PE Max Pain : 15000

Yes all days are green, Its a closing basis data, the tallest bar represents 656 data points on closing basis.
Hi Blackhole,

Thanks for carrying out my work.

The file looks similar to the file you will find in PUT and CALL OPTIONS in options
section. you have to fill BNF values in stead of Nifty values.

Coming to OPTION CHAIN ,you will find it out in NSE website or follow this
link:

http://www.nse-india.com/live_marke...t=OPTIDX&date=-&segmentLink=17&segmentLink=17

After copying the file from NSE site ,paste it using PASTE SPECIAL .....>
UNICODE TEXT.
You have to delete 8 columns pertaining to bid/ask quantity and price / volume.

HTML:
DAY      LOWER BOUNDARY~HIGHER BOUNDARY						
======  =======================      						
1  to 6            Approx...50Rs to 500Rs						
7  to 11          Approx...40Rs to 400Rs						
12 to 16          Approx...35Rs to 350Rs						
17 to END         Approx...30~15Rs to 300~150						

This is not based on ANY formula , but on just observations of last few days.
The above notation ,I use it for coloring.

Please go through my work in case of any doubts.

Unfortunately ,I do not have any sample files as have recently formatted my
disk.But you have done a lot of work already.

Last edited:

Blackhole

How to read your data - in case you are planning to publish this on line's of cloumbus on daily basis.

The format seemed little different than columbus format

Also, if you can take an example for this and previous month (downtrend) for the range you mentioned and to leverage that using strangle/straddle (not the explanation for what strangle/stradle is - but more on explaining what your observation is on leveraging the range)
option strategies are only for advance users.

U r right, i think i am messing up with this thread!

data block graphical representation is incorrect!

first part had vix and monthly expiry close with gain or loss based on expiry basis.

second part had monthly range of each expiry with daily range(high low close) not accurate graphical but somehow one can gauge the gist ie trend and monthly range.(red represents low of the day, top green represents high, middle green represents close or range)

in BNF volatility plays the game. Along with liquidity and bid ask spread. I mostly go for long straddle or strangle only for first few days. time stops and entry -exit is in multiple phases. first 10 days set a tone for last week based on that expiry week can be used mostly bull call or bear put or condor or butterfly. yes with future as hedge or ratios..

with past monthly trend and go0d funded account one can work or decide on particular strategy or test various strategy to gauge the right payoff or risk reward based on risk appetite.

simple straddle or strangle gives the chance to get 5 to 20% (quick runaway trades or traders)....same strategies easily catch black swan kind of or other events, if good with improving positions or adjustments one can improvise on profits or minimize the loss and get out at breakeven.

events likelast august 15 or budget would had fecth u awsume results. BNF Options behave differently compared to nifty. Last week is entirely in different setup most of the time.

if time permits,I would rework on graphical representation and post. I think i am misfit for this thread.

Last edited:

columbus

U r right, i think i am messing up with this thread!
Hi Blackhole,

Not at all.Just they are teething problems and you will overcome it in no time.
It took a good amount of time to me ,to arrive at present form.