Augubhai's diary and notes

How many day trading levels will I complete in 2012? A level is about 100 NF points.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

akhill

I guess if someone has a better understanding of the market, your first two trades can be clubbed, say

short at 5355, exit at 5331 points +24

moreover, i did not see any drastic up move in between those points where one goes panic and clear their positions at 5351 (wrt ur first trade).

What is your system actually ? I am interested to know that, so that i can tweak it a bit and use it to cover larger margins.

honestly saying, a four point exit in Nifty, with 2 points of brokerage doesn't really yield anything, except keeping you busy all day observing the market.

Enlighten me with your system and i hope that will help me to make one for myself too.

augubhai

I guess if someone has a better understanding of the market, your first two trades can be clubbed, say

short at 5355, exit at 5331 points +24

moreover, i did not see any drastic up move in between those points where one goes panic and clear their positions at 5351 (wrt ur first trade).

What is your system actually ? I am interested to know that, so that i can tweak it a bit and use it to cover larger margins.

honestly saying, a four point exit in Nifty, with 2 points of brokerage doesn't really yield anything, except keeping you busy all day observing the market.

Enlighten me with your system and i hope that will help me to make one for myself too.
Akhil,

I don't have a system right now. Over the past weeks, I have been trying out and discarding systems. The present phase of the market does not help any system at all, and now I am trading system-less

About my exits: Earlier, I used to have wide SL, sometimes 40 points wide, sometimes 10 points. But when a couple of those got hit, it took a major win to recover. So now, I have decided to keep tight SL, and move them to scratch point as soon as possible. Today, I have been keeping an initial SL of 8 points, and trying to move to my scratch point of +2 point as soon as possible (when the market moves in my favor).

I am targeting the big moves (which are not happening now), but trying not to loose too much in any single trade.

akhill

Akhil,

I don't have a system right now. Over the past weeks, I have been trying out and discarding systems. The present phase of the market does not help any system at all, and now I am trading system-less

About my exits: Earlier, I used to have wide SL, sometimes 40 points wide, sometimes 10 points. But when a couple of those got hit, it took a major win to recover. So now, I have decided to keep tight SL, and move them to scratch point as soon as possible. Today, I have been keeping an initial SL of 8 points, and trying to move to my scratch point of +2 point as soon as possible (when the market moves in my favor).

I am targeting the big moves (which are not happening now), but trying not to loose too much in any single trade.
i guess you just got a big move of almost 20 points.. lol.. guess you did not yet exit your long position.

Status
Not open for further replies.