Amibroker: Links, Articles, discussions & more

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting and informative thread.

i am downloading amibroker and goin thru tutorials.

i am new to all this stpuh so pls answer my querys or direct me to some thread where i can fiind answers.

What is EOD data, which one should i download?
pls provide me the link for the same

thanks praveen ji,
I will search google for the EOD data.
i have downloaded amibroker.
and searched for sait lessons i am sure for now this would be a great help.
from ***** i downloaded data file and it is for single day only? is that sufficient or i need to download for a year or more?
is there a free service thru which we can get online free dta in amibroker?

praveen ji i wil be grateful if u can help me little more in this thanks a ton

does this means that wee need to download daily EOD data? i have seen at ***** group EOD data of 9th jan at diferent timings.

bhav and EOD data arent they same thing?

Simple. Just edit the formula and set the maximum value to any number you want, say 400.

Or create custom indicator as follows:

P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods", 15, 2, 400, 1, 10 );
Plot( MA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );
Thanks praveen for the reply. sorry for the late reply. I saw this only today.

The actual problem was, I did not click the apply indicator tab after changing the parameter value. Now I could do that... Thanks for the additional tip..

John,.

thanks praveen ji,
I will search google for the EOD data.
i have downloaded amibroker.
and searched for sait lessons i am sure for now this would be a great help.
from ***** i downloaded data file and it is for single day only? is that sufficient or i need to download for a year or more?
is there a free service thru which we can get online free dta in amibroker?

praveen ji i wil be grateful if u can help me little more in this thanks a ton
Hello Digest,

I think you haven't read Post No. 1 fully in this thread. It has got the link for data source for many years.

For charting you need historical data for a good period. The amount of data might depend upon your trading style and requirement.

Bhavcopy and EOD are same. Different charting softwares or traders tweak the original data source - Bhavcopy - to their own requirements. Most of them will provide you with ASCII file as output. You can directly import this file to your charting software.
Step1: Get some good historial data for some period and import them to AB.
Step2: Update your data database daily using any data downloaders, which download the bhavcopies and convert them to ASCII files.

Hope it clears your doubts,
Praveen.

Thanks praveen for the reply. sorry for the late reply. I saw this only today.

The actual problem was, I did not click the apply indicator tab after changing the parameter value. Now I could do that... Thanks for the additional tip..

John,.
Ok...fine.

Hello Digest,

I think you haven't read Post No. 1 fully in this thread. It has got the link for data source for many years.

For charting you need historical data for a good period. The amount of data might depend upon your trading style and requirement.

Bhavcopy and EOD are same. Different charting softwares or traders tweak the original data source - Bhavcopy - to their own requirements. Most of them will provide you with ASCII file as output. You can directly import this file to your charting software.
Step1: Get some good historial data for some period and import them to AB.
Step2: Update your data database daily using any data downloaders, which download the bhavcopies and convert them to ASCII files.

Hope it clears your doubts,
Praveen.
thanks praveen,
i have seen ur post but those links do not work for me, yes by now i have downloaded ab but its a trail version, EOD i am downloading for daily. if u can upload EOD data of 2007 i will be greatful praveen. kndly upload it on
scribd[dot] com.

thank for wonderful post and prompt reply.

thanks praveen,
i have seen ur post but those links do not work for me, yes by now i have downloaded ab but its a trail version, EOD i am downloading for daily. if u can upload EOD data of 2007 i will be greatful praveen. kndly upload it on
scribd[dot] com.

thank for wonderful post and prompt reply.
I myself don't have clean database. Still trying to make it clean. You can check Soumya's thread in DataFeeds section, where he uploads monthly data too.

Status
Not open for further replies.