Amibroker: Links, Articles, discussions & more

Status
Not open for further replies.
hai to all the member of this thread
i am having the amibroke software but i am not able to use it,as im in search of 5 years eod historical data.any help please.
amit
Trade Well Trade Wisely.

Anybody using the Amibroker thirdparty software "pattern explorer".?

Is it worth buying.. a pricey one ...costing more than the amibroker itself...

Hi
I am metastock user. Just picked up Amobroker 4.9 and use esignal data feed with it.
I have creared a data base and in a position to load advanced chart. But the charts are not updating real time. where I have gone wrong?. Can some senior members suggest a remedy?
Thanks n advance.
Warms regards
SRJC

I want to increase the parameter value (period) in the EMA to a value greater than 200..

I tried modifying the max value for that parameter in the code but it does not change beyond 200.

Any suggestion how to do this.?

John

Dear friends & senior members,

I am trying to learn to use softwares for charting purpose. With that view, I have recently downloaded and installed Amibroker free trial version and (have) imported EOD data with the help of Import wizard from D.E. Pro 4.1. Of course, only 01 year EOD data is available there. After importing data, I could draw charts of diffrent stocks. However, next time when I have opened Amibroker after closing it once, I have found that no data is available in the database and so all EOD datas are required to be imported once again to view diffeent charts.

My queries are,

1) Is it not possible to store EOD data in trial version of Amibroker? If possible, how?
2) Am I right in importing data from D.E. Pro 4.1 for Amibroker?
3) Which site is the most suitable & easiest to collect EOD data for Amibroker?

Hope you experienced friends will clarify my doubts and help me using the software.

Waiting for your reply and guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raju
3)

Hi Raju,
I have tried answering few questions of yours:
1.)Is it not possible to store EOD data in trial version of Amibroker? If possible, how?
Yes, it is possible, we just need to ensure that the database is stored in
"C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Data"

I personally have not used D.E but I find 'Getbhavcopy' very useful for this work (you can download this free, just Google it), The downloaded data can then be imported in to Amibroker using the 'Import Wizard'

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Thyagu

hai to all the member of this thread
i am having the amibroke software but i am not able to use it,as im in search of 5 years eod historical data.any help please.
amit
Trade Well Trade Wisely.
Many sources are there. But mostly the data sources are not 100% clean.
You can find links for such threads in the first post of this thread itself.

I want to increase the parameter value (period) in the EMA to a value greater than 200..

I tried modifying the max value for that parameter in the code but it does not change beyond 200.

Any suggestion how to do this.?

John
Simple. Just edit the formula and set the maximum value to any number you want, say 400.

Or create custom indicator as follows:

P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods", 15, 2, 400, 1, 10 );
Plot( MA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );

1) Is it not possible to store EOD data in trial version of Amibroker? If possible, how?
No. Its not possible to store data in trial version.

Yes. After converting bhavcopies to ASCII files, you can easily import it into AB.

nseindia.com
But there are lots of utilities available to do that job. Checkout the sticky thread in softwares subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.