Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

arti

Hi All

Finally we come to the actual procedure to setup the sectors and Industries for Amibroker.

We require 2 Amibroker files, One text file containing the industry details for the stocks and finally one afl to load the data into Amibroker. Following are the files

1. Broker.sectors - Ami file
2. Broker.Industries - Ami File
3. Stockindustry.txt - text file containg the industry details for the stocks
4. loaddata.afl - Afl for lading the sector and Industry data.

Following is the procedure

1,Backup file c:\Program Files\Amibroker\data\Broker.Workspace ( or d:\... wherever you AB is loaded)

2. Delete Broker.Workspace

(Or you can just rename the existing Broker.Workspace into something convenient to remember)

3. Backup and Delete broker.industries and broker.sectors from
c:\program files\Amibroker.
(Or just rename as mentioned before)

4. Copy the files new broker.sectors and broker.industries file to this dir.

5. Copy LoadData.afl into c:\programfiles\Amibroker\formulas\custom ( or d:\... wherever you AB is loaded)

6. Modify LoadData.afl file to point to where the StockIndustry.txt file. Is located. The Default location is the root directory of D:\. If you are apprehensive in changing the Loaddata.afl , just save the txt file in the root directory in partition D.

7. Now open Amibroker.

8. By default, all the stocks will be in the 1st industry, Agro - Others. Move them to Industry 255 using menu item Symbol -> Organize assignments..

9. Open LoadData.afl for analysis. In the Analysis window, choose the following
Apply to: All stocks
Range : Last 200 quotes.

And then run the scan. This may take a few minutes depending on your computer speed.

10. Once the Scan is complete, check it your sector and Industry allocation.

The necessary files enclosed.

Please do let us know if you face any problem..

warm regards

karthik
hi Karthik,
I am new to amibroker and was implementing the steps mentioned in this useful post.but i am not able to see anything in my sector.By default all companies are in sectors/services/advertising.My amibroker version is 5.20.As i hve recently setup database,didnot implemented the steps to cleanup database.please guide me whats wrong?
Thanks,
Arti:confused:

MurAtt

Am new to AMI

Small query --- Problem faced EOD data always show Open at 15!!!!
Changing TF to intraday 1, 5, 15, Hourly shows properly and no problem is faced. I am setting Allow Mixed Intraday/EOD data.

Now changing this Allow Mixed Intraday/EOD data to off, the EOD data is showing proper but in the smaller TFs the LAST BAR of the day is ALWAYS showing open as 15!!!!

Any ideas?

Hi Karthik

I am very very thankful to you for guiding us. Can you please guide me From where I can download CLEAN Historical data(adjusted for split and bonus) for NSE compatible for Amibroker.

karthikmarar

hi Karthik,
I am new to amibroker and was implementing the steps mentioned in this useful post.but i am not able to see anything in my sector.By default all companies are in sectors/services/advertising.My amibroker version is 5.20.As i hve recently setup database,didnot implemented the steps to cleanup database.please guide me whats wrong?
Thanks,
Arti:confused:
Arti

If the steps have been followed correctly it should work irrespective of the version you are using.

it is difficult to tell where you are going wrong

Hi,

I am using unregistered version of Amibroker 5.20.
I could import nse data that I downloaded from nse website using 'Import wizard'. I could see the scrip names. Can some one help me how to view the chart.

Thanks,
Sameer.

sashsaha0

Hi,

I am using unregistered version of Amibroker 5.20.
I could import nse data that I downloaded from nse website using 'Import wizard'. I could see the scrip names. Can some one help me how to view the chart.

Thanks,
Sameer.
Hello karthik sir,

I too downloaded free version of amibroker 5.20 but unable to view nse or bse data pls help step by step how to download data from where and view it i have used getbhavcopy but no data is coming?:confused:

thanks sashsaha0

sub2501

i've just installed amibroker (unregistered) and has created a bhavcopy of NiftyFuture of all the expiry from 30/01/2009 - - 06/07/2009, as i've no knowledge in TA i wud like to know whether the file is alright, i've taken help from (GetBhavCopy website). I've downloaded the nifty fut. prices from NSEIndia.com and converted them into .txt format. Pls do advise.

N.B. Pls find the attached the file.

Last edited:

cnbondre

dear karthik & murthy,

this is an ultimate example of selfless service.
hat off to u.

Everything is working fine.

Best regards,
soumya
Hi,

I am a new member to day reached to this thread.
I thanks you both karthik & murthy from the bottom of my heart.

Soumya has said it rightly "this is an ultimate example of
selfless service".

Really---really--thanks. Thanks, tons of thanks.
So far have not started any work on this front will post if any problem.

Regards.

Cnb

Last edited: