Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

FANTASTIC EFFORT Karthik and Murthy!!! HATS OFF for your generosity and effort!! This thread goes a long way to making Traderji a daily habit.

I'd be grateful if you can help me do a similar sector and industry tagging to the Viratech EOD database which I use as an external databse for AM. Once this is done i suppose we can plot sectoral indices, sectoral AD etc. I am a complete AM newbie, and i just finished mapping the viratech databasse to AM.

TIA

karthikmarar

karthik my composite charts are not being updated as i update my data, do you know what the problem may be?

marcus
Marcus

Unfortunately we have to run the afls UpdateIndusrtcharts and UpdateSectorcharts on a daily basis. There maybe some way to run them automatically whenever we update the data. Right now, I am not qualified enough to code for the same. :eek:

Murthy had uploaded one afl called updateCompositecharts. If you have that you have to run only one afl.

regards

Karthik

karthikmarar

FANTASTIC EFFORT Karthik and Murthy!!! HATS OFF for your generosity and effort!! This thread goes a long way to making Traderji a daily habit.

I'd be grateful if you can help me do a similar sector and industry tagging to the Viratech EOD database which I use as an external databse for AM. Once this is done i suppose we can plot sectoral indices, sectoral AD etc. I am a complete AM newbie, and i just finished mapping the viratech databasse to AM.

TIA
Tia

Just take the Sectorindustry.txt file and update the NSE codes with Viratech codes. If they codes are same them you just follow the procedure and create the sector and industries.

regards

Karthik

Tia

Just take the Sectorindustry.txt file and update the NSE codes with Viratech codes. If they codes are same them you just follow the procedure and create the sector and industries.

regards

Karthik
OHMIGOD!! Manually! One-by-one!
I guess you a right. I cant think of another less excruciating way to do this..sigh.....

kkseal

But does this actually create INDICES like the BSE/NSE indices? I'd like a couple (to begin with) for the Hospitality and Media&Entertainment sectors (which do not figure amongst the BSE/NSE sectoral indices). Will following the procedure of creating sectors actually create the SECTORAL INDICES (with historical values based on the available data)? Or does some additional logic for index creation need to be implemented?

Regards,
Kalyan.

kkseal

Two more sectoral indices ideas that have somewhat crystallized in my mind - an UTILITIES index (comprising of Power suppliers & Telecom service providers. Any others you think should be included?) & an EXPLORATION index (comprising of Mining & Oil&Gas exploration companies).

But before i plunge into this a reply to my previous query would be most helpful. Karthik, Murthy where are you guys.

Regards,
Kalyan.

P.S. The Retail sector also needs to be tracked as plenty of growth lies ahead of it; but there are too few listed players too warrant a separate Index. So how about clubbing the retail players with those in the Media&Entertainment sector & creating a GenX Index (shopping complexes, multiplexes, sattelite Tv & stuff where GenX & Y are likely to splurge a large chunk of their growing surplus incomes)?

kkseal

The 'categoryIndex' seems to be an ignored category in Ami (maybe for future use).

To create indices the way exchanges do you need the mkt cap figures (for the stks comprising the indices). Since it's not available in the 'warehoused' data there's no way Ami can 'mine' and use it. So does anyone have any idea how these sectoral aggregates are actually created in Ami??

Another irritation is that everything has to be entered under 'Industries' even though i may not want the Industries classification, but only a few addl Sectors (fortunately there's a workaround for this).

Regards,
Kalyan.