Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

Dear sirs MurthyMSR & Karthik,
I had downloaded your files and used it very easy, Thank you very much for service. I have some problems faced during downloading data for NSE symbols in Ami Quote downloader. I have used your symbols for downloading data many of of the symbols are error 404 from yahoo finance website. Please help me to solve this problems?

Regards.

mani_dakshu

karthikmarar

Mani

The NSE codes are different from the Yahoo codes. We have used NSE codes. If I remember correct the difference is slight... the number of characters. Yahoo cods are limited to nine characters to nine and so stock codes with more than nine characters will give error.

regards

Karthik

Original Post

Mani

The NSE codes are different from the Yahoo codes. We have used NSE codes. If I remember correct the difference is slight... the number of characters. Yahoo cods are limited to nine characters to nine and so stock codes with more than nine characters will give error.

regards

Karthik

Reply,

Dear Karthik Sir,
Thanking your for your reply, but I have still the problems less than 9 character codes? how solve this issue? please help to me.

Thanks,
Mani

Dear karthik and Murthy MSR Sirs,

I am mani, I had got some error message when used Ami Quote downloader, the downloaing EOD data from yahoo finance the following error message are displayed.

"Error during download. Yahoo! - 404 Not Found. Either the symbol is incorrect ro there is a problem with the data vendor's site."

Your reply for my questions regarding downloading EOD data from yahoo finance. most of the NSE symbols are more than 9 characters, you told that it is defer from Yahoo finance, now what is the NSE yahoo finance symbols. Are you having it? please upload this site. Thanks for your services.

Regards,
mani

Dear Karthik Sir,

I am mani, thankyou very much for uploading yahoo symbol list. I hope that this symbols are not shown problems when downloading EOD data from yahoo finance.

Thanking you once and again.

Mani.

chintan786

Mani

regards

Karthik
hi karthik, i am facing trmendous problem in geting nse and bse data.
i had done each and every thing which u said in ur first post of getting NSE symbols to Amibroker.
wht i had done till now.

1) downloaded file AllMySymbols.txt>> Rename it AllMySymbols.afl>> paste it in Custom>>run pick>> select file ... to scan. But getting NSE qoutes i am Getting DJI, CX all names of Exchangesin 4-5 lines thts it.

Plz help me out of this.

How to form DATABASE. where to paste it and then wht to do.

Also tht pkjha address nothing is there . it shows some error message.

may i asking u for too much but i am very thankful to u if u help me out of this.

thanks in advance. waiting for ur reply

chintan

karthikmarar

Dear Chintan

Obviously the default database of Amibroker symbols are being picked up. By the way did you use allmysymbols.txt or allmysymbolsafl.txt. The second file is the afl.

This afl extracts all the actively traded symbols. By comparing the result from this afl and the symbols in your actual database shows the imperfections in your database. This will show you the stocks which have been delisted, namechanged, merged stocks. Anyway this is the first step in the process just to identify the problems in the database.

The actual process of building the database is provided in the following post.

http://www.traderji.com/61754-post17.html

Unfortunately the List of stocks is outdated now. I did not get the time to update this list. Maybe soon I will be able to do itinsha allah .. as we say here

Regards

Karthik

Mani

regards

Karthik

you can convert nse code to yahoo code using excel & using formula similaiy bse code can be coverted to yahoo code

Last edited: