AFL help needed to plot lines

trash

Yes, Trash, you are missing the point, as usual!!

If only you had taken pains to read before reacting, you'd realize that my post was directed to Amit and intention was merely to disown the credit!!

As for the Casoni, he too has already acknowledged significance of contribution of Pottasch, not only in the post but also in the AFL's title.

And just for the heck of it, I am going to stop using the code tags from today onwards.

Lastly, adornment with borrowed plume is better than stinking trash.
No, I haven't miss anything as usual.

Since the whole thread consists of codes by Edward Pottasch the only credit should go to the one who did the codes but no one else. Copy and pasting codes without knowing whether Edward even wants to have his codes to be posted is not a contribution but just that copy&paste which can be done by every new born child.

Besides I haven't quoted you in the first place. I have also not quoted Casoni but Amitrandive. But you seem to have missed that as usual.

Why I point out again using quote tags? Because if inserting codes without the use of them you get exactly syntax errors like in the code posted by Casoni AGAIN. What would happen next AS USUAL? People turning up screaming "Code does not work it shows error What to do??" What happens to threads? They become more unreadable.

But as usual this seem to be to complicated for some guys like you to understand. I guess you are still a stubborn teenager within puberty.

Stinking? Yeah, usual name calling by teenagers. Grow up!

trash

A bulk of the development in almost all fields is incremental improvement (that necessarily is based on someone's duly acknowledged work).

In all posts where casoni has posted afl code he clearly mentioned Edward Pottasch name as the author. See below:

casoni has clearly acknowledged Pottasch in every post with afl code.

No one else has claimed any credit for the afl. So why the insinuation? Why the negativity?

I compliment you on the aptness of the id trash you chose for yourself. Like your id, your post is also stinking trash.
Same to you. Have I quoted casoni? No I haven't.

Negativity? There is no negativity but less respect for coders.

What my name has got to do with a harmless post of mine pointing out the lack of credit to the real coder whose codes are present in the entire thread via copy&paste is a secret code that probably makes sense only to a teenager within puberty but not to grown ups.

extremist

Hello everyone,
Lets forget what ever happened / commented , " Hote raheta hai "
Lets focus on the concept ,
i have requested Edward to help us more on this
Thank you All

specially
Raghuveer
amitrandive
mastermind007

Thank you :hap2:
As Casoni said don't pay attention to garbage.
Keep the good work going ....

And humble request to TRASH if possible help use to make this code better or suggest some better alternative to get the tops and bottoms identified.

manishchan

I hv been watching this thred thinking one day a discussion will come about entry exit.. looks like d day has arrived :D

Ok.. my bit of understanding.. this is by no means a trading system in its own. You cant trade soley based on this. Go back to first post chart (originally shated by ST da)...the initial enrty is NOT based on d gaps. The gap only indicates that the current momentum still exists and moves are strong (this is why adds have been taken in d example chart).

Yes.. if you have a trend trading method that you already use, this method can be incorporated to take adds etc. I hope this gives some clarity coz according to me, putting too much effort in afl etc are unnecceaary. Nonetheless... this is jst my view...you all are free to do whtever u think is right for u :)

Last edited:

casoni

Hello Everyone,

here are my views , " Mujhe to laga woh bata raha hun " , as i havent read all ST da rules , as its a big thread , so just by looking at chart setup i have described the scenerio ,
The rules/ condition are not yet finalised ... that will be finalised with our senior's Help

i think Raghuveer / Mastermind can throw more light on this , as i saw their posts on that thread .

Thank you

Hello everyone,
Lets forget what ever happened / commented , " Hote raheta hai "
Lets focus on the concept ,
i have requested Edward to help us more on this
Thank you All

specially
Raghuveer
amitrandive
mastermind007

Thank you :hap2:
yes I agree, I sent Cas (and Cas gave me credit for it, so no problem on my side what so ever) the code and I just did the simple setup, code need to be refined. I think maybe by using an additional set of pivots.

I adjusted the simple setup a little bit so the zones become better visible, did not add a additional set of pivots yet

SetBarsRequired(sbrAll,sbrAll);
xx=BarIndex();x=xx;Lx=LastValue(x);
rightStrength=Param("Right Strength",5,1,50,1);
leftStrength=Param("Left Strength",5,1,50,1);
showUpGap=ParamToggle("Display Up Gap","No|Yes",1);
showDnGap=ParamToggle("Display Dn Gap","No|Yes",1);

function pkID(rightStrength,leftStrength)
{
pk=H>Ref(HHV(H,leftStrength),-1) AND H>=Ref(HHV(H,rightStrength),rightStrength);
return pk;
}
function trID(rightStrength,leftStrength)
{
tr=L<Ref(LLV(L,leftStrength),-1) AND L<=Ref(LLV(L,rightStrength),rightStrength);
return tr;
}

pk=pkID(rightStrength,leftStrength);
tr=trID(rightStrength,leftStrength);

SetChartBkColor(ColorRGB(0,0,0));SetChartOptions(0,chartShowDates);
SetBarFillColor(IIf(C>O,colorGreen,IIf(C<=O,colorRed,colorLightGrey)));
Plot(C,"Price",IIf(C>O,colorDarkGreen,IIf(C<=O,colorDarkRed,colorLightGrey)),64,null,null,0,0,1);
PlotShapes(shapeSmallCircle*tr,IIf(Lx-ValueWhen(tr,x)>rightStrength,ColorRGB(0,100,0),colorWhite),0,L,-10);
PlotShapes(shapeSmallCircle*pk,IIf(Lx-ValueWhen(pk,x)>rightStrength,ColorRGB(255,0,0),colorWhite),0,H,10);

pkHigh1=Ref(ValueWhen(pk,H,1),-(rightStrength+1));
trLow1=Ref(ValueWhen(Tr,L,1),-(rightStrength+1));
pkHigh0=ValueWhen(pk,H,0);
trLow0=ValueWhen(Tr,L,0);

upGap=Cross(C,pkHigh1) AND pkHigh1<trLow0;
dnGap=Cross(trLow1,C) AND trLow1>pkHigh0;

gapBaseUp=ValueWhen(upGap,pkHigh1);
gapBaseDn=ValueWhen(dnGap,trLow1);
gapExtrUp=ValueWhen(upGap,trLow0);
gapExtrDn=ValueWhen(dnGap,pkHigh0);

upGapArea=Flip(upGap,dnGap);
dnGapArea=Flip(dnGap,upGap);

gapBase=IIf(upGapArea,gapBaseUp,gapBaseDn);
gapExtr=IIf(upGapArea,gapExtrUp,gapExtrDn);

upGapBase=IIf(gapExtr>gapBase,gapBase,Null);upGapBase=IIf(Ref(upGap,1),Null,upGapBase);
upGapExtr=IIf(gapExtr>gapBase,gapExtr,Null);upGapExtr=IIf(Ref(upGap,1),Null,upGapExtr);
dnGapBase=IIf(gapExtr<gapBase,gapBase,Null);dnGapBase=IIf(Ref(dnGap,1),Null,dnGapBase);
dnGapExtr=IIf(gapExtr<gapBase,gapExtr,Null);dnGapExtr=IIf(Ref(dnGap,1),Null,dnGapExtr);

Plot(pkHigh1,"",colorBlue,1,Null,Null,0,2,1);
Plot(trLow1,"",colorRed,1,Null,Null,0,2,1);
if(showUpGap) PlotOHLC(upGapBase,upGapBase,upGapExtr,upGapExtr,"",colorBrightGreen,stylecloud|styleNoRescale,Null,Null,0,-1,1);
if(showDnGap) PlotOHLC(dnGapBase,dnGapBase,dnGapExtr,dnGapExtr,"",colorOrange,stylecloud|styleNoRescale,Null,Null,0,-1,1);

amitrandive

I hv been watching this thred thinking one day a discussion will come about entry exit.. looks like d day has arrived :D

Ok.. my bit of understanding.. this is by no means a trading system in its own. You cant trade soley based on this. Go back to first post chart (originally shated by ST da)...the initial enrty is NOT based on d gaps. The gap only indicates that the current momentum still exists and moves are strong (this is why adds have been taken in d example chart).

Yes.. if you have a trend trading method that you already use, this method can be incorporated to take adds etc. I hope this gives some clarity coz according to me, putting too much effort in afl etc are unnecceaary. Nonetheless... this is jst my view...you all are free to do whtever u think is right for u :)
Manish

Yes , you are absolutely right about this.

This is not a standalone AFL for trading.We have to use our own system/strategy for trading.

This AFL was developed to understand whether the trend is strong or weak.This will allow us to add more positions if we can understand that the trend is strong and there is a bigger move upcoming.

ST sir in his thread had emphasized on the fact that visual confirmation is the best to identify such gaps.Since I am a newbie trader, I felt the need of such an AFL to understand these gaps.

We are traders,who trade with our own system and rules.I feel this AFL will be an additional tool in our arsenal to guide us on adding positions.This AFL can also be helpful to senior traders and totally new traders to understand price action better.

Feels very good when we know that there are a lot of friendly people in this forum there willing to help other traders like me , without expecting anything in return.

A very Big thanks to all those who understood the concept,framed the rules and made the final code.!!!
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

rrrajguru

Hi, Casoni, Raghuveer, amitrandive, mastermind007

Good job Guys.

In my opinion, as we know this concept is the observation of ST Da, we should request ST Da to go through the outcome, of this AFL. He should first confirm that the result of this afl is CORRECT or near to correct. Then he can through some more light/suggestions, to fine tune the rules.

casoni

Hello Friends,

We Got a Christmas Gift from Edward Pottasch :D

New version :
1) Gap up / Gap dn breaks , when price crosses them
2) Additional Pivots

Deleted As New Version is Posted

//============================================

Last edited: