Afin's trading diary

Pleasantly surprised to hear from my father today that he had invested a very small portion back in 2011 in GMMPFaudler and is still holding unto it. Now this is what I call as investment. Holding period of more than 8 years atleast

It was trading on BSE back then. The NSE listing happened much later.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I have noticed recent run on mid cap firms and pharma. Everyone is talking about them, if paan thela and chai wala were open today, they would also give tips on investing in pharma right now. Going by old saying in stock market, if every tom dick and harry keep suggesting to buy particular instrument( land/particular stock), it means only one thing, end is near for that instrument/sector....

if not crashing, these instruments will be stagnating when bull run returns.

I have noticed recent run on mid cap firms and pharma. Everyone is talking about them, if paan thela and chai wala were open today, they would also give tips on investing in pharma right now. Going by old saying in stock market, if every tom dick and harry keep suggesting to buy particular instrument( land/particular stock), it means only one thing, end is near for that instrument/sector....

if not crashing, these instruments will be stagnating when bull run returns.
You should check this tweet I posted about :)

The present unsubstantiated rise captured in 1 tweet.

bashasm

My broker has done this again. I have again incurred a loss after the orders didn't exit on time. Same broker and same scrip. 4th time in last 2 weeks. :(
Which broker?
What is your alternate plan?

Which broker?
What is your alternate plan?
Upstox it was. I was unable to exit my Axis Bank cash market trades. Ended up as a loss yet again.

I am looking at Fyers majorly for my commodity trades now. Been forced to work with The lockdown has meant that I am not able to open a commodity account with them. I do have a regular trading a/c with them. Also luckily it happens to end with a fancy number too :p

I also like the customer centric approach Fyers has. And I genuinely admire how @Tejas Khoday is as well. Planning an entire shift to it. Idea was to start off from 1st April only but the lockdown upset my plans a bit :)

My positional cash market equities only trades will start again with Sharekhan only and only after VIX gets below 40. I like the leverage they provide on cash market trades also.

One more soundtrack I listen to on a loop:

One more soundtrack I listen to on a loop:

But the one that gives the maximum inspiration is the following from the Nasadiya Sukta.

Shri Vanraj Bhatia is credited with the musical credits for this ancient Vedic hymn. Nothing is more inspirational to me than this.

Quote attributed to Richard Feynman the Physicist.

The goal of teaching should not be to help the students learn how to memorize and spit out information under academic pressure.

The purpose of teaching is to inspire the desire for learning in them and make them able to think, understand, and question.

Cross post from my own in the day trading thread.

https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/day-trading-stocks-futures.89068/page-9004#post-1410288

A trillion dollars of economic stimulus announced by Japan. That amounts to 20% of its GDP.

I am waiting for Nimmy ji to also announce something soon. Something significant like atleast 12to 13% of GDP with deep tax cuts for industry would be so welcome now. Also issuance of bonds to finance this.

Japan declares coronavirus emergency and approves a near $1 trillion stimulus package

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/07/jap...roves-a-near-1-trillion-stimulus-package.html