Advice needed please help !!!

AFORASTRO

But I have a really bad feeling that your cheating your employer. Instead of doing your job for which you are being payed, instead of increasing productivity in free time are you trading stocks. This is clear cheating.

Either do what you are being paid to do in good faith by some other person or leave your job and become full time trader. If you cant do that do positional trading. That way you can trade and do your job. Dont be eat on haraam. SHAME ON YOU.
i think your point is valid to some extent but what if the job is in night. Also in IT company what is paid to the worker is nothing compared to what they are getting from overseas client.:eek:

Mr.G

Mr G back in action, u shud meet ekta kapoor :lol:
Im keeping my cool and I am not talking bad of anyone. :thumb: Ive vowed to settle all matter with the utmost civility.

i think your point is valid to some extent but what if the job is in night. Also in IT company what is paid to the worker is nothing compared to what they are getting from overseas client.:eek:
But still my friend, is it not wrong? The employer is placing faith in the person but the person is violating that very faith. This is very questionable.

Vertigo_1985

Hi all,

I am facing a deli-ma please share your views regarding this

I am currently working in IT sector with OK kind of salary (I am married too...)

I have been learning and day trading since past 3/4 months and though returns are not that great but my ledger is black and I have learnt a lot and got a hang of the business.

Now problem is all this while I was day trading my other area of work this my job suffered, and I have come to the realization that both of the areas (and marriage) are difficult to juggle together; sooner or later job performance will dip due to day trading. I feel I need to choose between one of them unfortunately :mad::mad::mad:

Now problem with job is that I am not built to be a job seeker its not in my blood. I can earn OK with this and never be wealthy (the entire capitalism is based on keeping the job seekers from poor to middle class level while the capitalist are having all the fun). Advantage is a steady income, peace of mind (though there is no job security these days) etc.

Come to day trading advantage is I am on my own, there is no limit to wealth I can live my dreams through this.
Disadvantage is its risky, as of now the earnings are just a fraction (tiny one) of my steady income, I am not sure if I could be a successful trader so as to replicate my job income in any way looking at the fact that most traders loose.

I am sure many of you must have faced or are facing such a situation; having a day job and do day trade.

The most obvious answer would be to move from 3/5 min TF to 60 min TF but somehow I am not comfortable trading 60min TF. I never got a hang of 60min and swing trading. I can do delivery trades but i don't have that kind of capital to do delivery trades.

Fellow traders I appreciate all of your efforts on this forum and have no words to thanks you all as all my trading knowledge/skills are courtesy to all of you, please help me out with this one too...
Hi Jain.er,
I left a big IT company after working for around 2 years as it wasn't going according to my expectations so i know how suffocated you must be feeling. I landed into trading accidentally while attempting something else, have been trading for more than 2 years now and would share my experience and ask some questions, maybe it will be helpful to you -
1. You need to be financially sound, don't expect to earn anything for atleast a year or two, infact be ready to lose some. Can you manage your lifestyle without earning anything or if you lose can you replenish it ?
2. There is no place of mediocrity in trading, so if anyone wants to be successful here a lot of passion, perseverance and mental toughness is required. Daily 10 hours are minimum and there are no weekends(if you love it you will want to trade or hone your skill on weekends).
3. If you chose to leave your job you will face lot of criticism from your friends and family, are you prepared for that ? and can you handle it ?
4. How much you will succeed in your current job if you put same effort and time (2 years) that trading requires ?
5. " I am not built to be a job seeker its not in my blood." the problem is not in your blood but in your mind and you are going to find many more like these if you continue trading and there is no running away from them. So how about you work on it like any other skill you work upon ?
6. More than anything else need to introspect. In my opinion everything that you are seeking from trading you can actually get from your current life situation but for that your perspective have to change.

Regards

AFORASTRO

Hi Jain.er,
I left a big IT company after working for around 2 years as it wasn't going according to my expectations so i know how suffocated you must be feeling. I landed into trading accidentally while attempting something else, have been trading for more than 2 years now and would share my experience and ask some questions, maybe it will be helpful to you -
1. You need to be financially sound, don't expect to earn anything for atleast a year or two, infact be ready to lose some. Can you manage your lifestyle without earning anything or if you lose can you replenish it ?
2. There is no place of mediocrity in trading, so if anyone wants to be successful here a lot of passion, perseverance and mental toughness is required. Daily 10 hours are minimum and there are no weekends(if you love it you will want to trade or hone your skill on weekends).
3. If you chose to leave your job you will face lot of criticism from your friends and family, are you prepared for that ? and can you handle it ?
4. How much you will succeed in your current job if you put same effort and time (2 years) that trading requires ?
5. " I am not built to be a job seeker its not in my blood." the problem is not in your blood but in your mind and you are going to find many more like these if you continue trading and there is no running away from them. So how about you work on it like any other skill you work upon ?
6. More than anything else need to introspect. In my opinion everything that you are seeking from trading you can actually get from your current life situation but for that your perspective have to change.

Regards
:clapping::clapping:

Thank you all for the kid responses I have recieved

Just o summarize

1. Continue learning trading
2. Keep the job, work hard in job and build some good corpus
3. Start positional trading when financially secure

or

Just listen to your heart

Look for someone to trade for you. If you follow a system, that is easy. If not, you may have to teach the person to update you periodically on the markets/charts etc. Once you start to earn good returns, you can decide to quit and do it on your own.