Achiievers Equities

We can open only trading account with any broker without having a demat account. But this will not allow u to carry forward ur position/s next day as u need to square off ur position on same day.
Demat is used to carry forward ur holding. No demat means no holding. :p

Also plz note that open a trading account is cheaper as compared to opening a demat account.
Of course. I have a DP with Sharekhan and a trading account with other brokers. Actually Acheiivers' this condition of having a DP also is what has kept me away from them. I intend using the other accounts for F&O only.

Of course. I have a DP with Sharekhan and a trading account with other brokers. Actually Acheiivers' this condition of having a DP also is what has kept me away from them. I intend using the other accounts for F&O only.
Well having multiple DPs wont be a problem. Its just 1 time fee. Atleast we r tension free if we are going in loss and want to hold our position. :D:p

Well having multiple DPs wont be a problem. Its just 1 time fee. Atleast we r tension free if we are going in loss and want to hold our position. :D:p
Generally with DPs, there is an AMC. Sharekhan charges Rs. 400p.a.

@ Achiievers,

When I opened my account in October 2012, at that time it was mandatory to open Demat account along with trading account. I wish to know that is the same rule still exists or only trading account can also be opened for doing FNO trades.
Dear Soft Trader,
We are still getting accounts opened with Demat account with us.

soft_trader

Dear Soft Trader,
We are still getting accounts opened with Demat account with us.
Is it still not possible to open only a trading account ?
@ Achiievers,

There are no mandatory SEBI/NSE rule that demat account opening is must. One can always link external Demat account held with other brokers.

Don't understand why are you pushing for Demat account. You can even open only trading accounts with only NFO segment. Please consider it. There are many traders who only trades in FNO and never trades in Cash market, so for them only NFO segment is enough. They are just avoiding Achiievers just because of mandatory DP.

Onetime account opening fee of Rs. 750/- is ok. But paying AMC of Rs. 400/- unnecessarily is a pain. :mad:

a1b1trader

@ Achiievers,

There are no mandatory SEBI/NSE rule that demat account opening is must. One can always link external Demat account held with other brokers.

Don't understand why are you pushing for Demat account. You can even open only trading accounts with only NFO segment. Please consider it. There are many traders who only trades in FNO and never trades in Cash market, so for them only NFO segment is enough. They are just avoiding Achiievers just because of mandatory DP.

Onetime account opening fee of Rs. 750/- is ok. But paying AMC of Rs. 400/- unnecessarily is a pain. :mad:
Hi ST
I never understood the logic, to avoid opening trading account with demat with Achiievers, just because they have to pay an additional AMC of Rs 400, while they will save thousands in brokerage, if trading a good number of trades (whether paying per trade or per month).

a1b1trader

@ Achiievers

Any update on newer version of NOW.

I have learnt that we are required to update NOW-V.1.7.1.0 with a newer version of NOW-V.1.8.4.3 by March 28th. And this upgrade is crucial because the older version will not be supported after March 28th.

Is there any such compulsion at your end also?