Achiievers Equities

soft_trader

This line is stated in the pdf at last. This condition mentioned by them makes situation somewhat unclear about Stamp Duty charges . Every state has different set of rules , so if one state where a client resides charges more stamp duty then unnecessarily the client will have to pay more than which could be otherwise levied if the stamp duty prevailing in the state where the brokerage company is located is applicable.
This is a valid point. Stamp duty of West Bengal is the highest in India i.e. 0.01% without any maximum cap. But they assured me that it would be charged to me at 0.002%. Something fishy:annoyed: If stamp duty remains 0.01% I may have to rethink about renewing after 3 months.

I can get the clear answer once I trade and get the contract note.

This is a valid point. Stamp duty of West Bengal is the highest in India i.e. 0.01% without any maximum cap. But they assured me that it would be charged to me at 0.002%. Something fishy:annoyed: If stamp duty remains 0.01% I may have to rethink about renewing after 3 months.

I can get the clear answer once I trade and get the contract note.
This is true,assurance which is verbal is non-existent till supported by documentary proof. You say it right that once you start trading then things will get clear . Will you visit their office in near future ? I think you should !! :thumb:

soft_trader

This is true,assurance which is verbal is non-existent till supported by documentary proof. You say it right that once you start trading then things will get clear . Will you visit their office in near future ? I think you should !! :thumb:
Yes, everything will become clear once I get the ECN from them.

I have plans of visiting their office but not getting time. Maybe if I open commodity account in near-future I would try to visit their office at that time.:)

Just to be clear, you are talking about this website, aren't you ? I don't see anything about brokerage on their website.

http://www.achiieversequitiesltd.com/Homepage.aspx

The webpage says that they are Kolkota based.

Also, do they have a referral scheme like the other brokers ?? Just asking.

soft_trader

Just to be clear, you are talking about this website, aren't you ? I don't see anything about brokerage on their website.

http://www.achiieversequitiesltd.com/Homepage.aspx

The webpage says that they are Kolkota based.

Also, do they have a referral scheme like the other brokers ?? Just asking.
Yes, the website you have given is right. They are Kolkata based. I don't think they have a referral scheme. The executive that have came to collect the documents yesterday told me that they are just like other traditional broker and they don't have a very big client base. So to increase the client base they are offering this Rs. 500 plan.

From what I can gather, you would have been better off with RKSV or Zerodha. Best of luck.
Soft Trader is already trading with RKSV,Zerodha & RK Global [trio being good discount brokers], so I feel that he is quite apt in trying a broker who is offering competitively.

His decision is just to try and it sounds an intelligent approach . :)

sumosanammain

Soft Trader is already trading with RKSV,Zerodha & RK Global [trio being good discount brokers], so I feel that he is quite apt in trying a broker who is offering competitively.

His decision is just to try and it sounds an intelligent approach . :)
I would not agree to that. Most probably then he is not a professional trader, as a professional trader who trades for a living will not make too many changes in his way of functioning. He would spend his time on executing his trades. If 1500 per month is a big amount for him to save per month, let me assure you, he is trapped in a spiral, that makes him feel that a cheaper broker will make him profitable. I doubt that with Rksv, almost all pro traders would be sufficiently happy, and taking a risk with a broker whom no one has even heard of is not the sign of a professional trader.

Sorry softtrader, not meant to offend you, just trying to point out to you, that a cheaper broker will not make money for you. Nor will a good system. Its YOU who will make money for yourself.

I would not agree to that. Most probably then he is not a professional trader, as a professional trader who trades for a living will not make too many changes in his way of functioning. He would spend his time on executing his trades. If 1500 per month is a big amount for him to save per month, let me assure you, he is trapped in a spiral, that makes him feel that a cheaper broker will make him profitable. I doubt that with Rksv, almost all pro traders would be sufficiently happy, and taking a risk with a broker whom no one has even heard of is not the sign of a professional trader.

Sorry softtrader, not meant to offend you, just trying to point out to you, that a cheaper broker will not make money for you. Nor will a good system. Its YOU who will make money for yourself.
I respect your personal views . But at the same time I would also say that a professional trader may keep a flexible approach.

From the time I started trading till now I tried several broker companies as and when I was introduced with a new name whose offer seemed better as compared to other . Till this day I never felt that keeping this flexible approach has betrayed me anyway . Starting off from ICICI Direct now I am with RKSV , so my flexibility allowed me to choose what is better for me.

But inspite being flexible I remain alert enough to let not myself fell into some kind of trap provided my luck doesn't conspire against me . :D

sumosanammain

I respect your personal views . But at the same time I would also say that a professional trader may keep a flexible approach.

From the time I started trading till now I tried several broker companies as and when I was introduced with a new name whose offer seemed better as compared to other . Till this day I never felt that keeping this flexible approach has betrayed me anyway . Starting off from ICICI Direct now I am with RKSV , so my flexibility allowed me to choose what is better for me.

But inspite being flexible I remain alert enough to let not myself fell into some kind of trap provided my luck doesn't conspire against me . :D
And friend, most probably, the best we can ask for right now is rksv, that too if their connectivity is proper.

Running around to save a thousand rupees per month, and trying out new names is not recommended.

If for example, you were having a sharkhan account, and contemplating achieves, its understandable, as the diff could be huge.

Even a sihift from zerodha to rksv is understandable, but where do you go from rksv? Soft trader said they have a very small client base. I would NEVER do business with such a small broker.

But come on, the 2000 per month with rksv is what we would have paid in half a day if we traded with people like indiabulls.

BTW, how is rksv connectivity? downtime? rates refresh? login issues?