20% ROI per month on captial above 1 Cr possible?

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Working on it,
so far not able to break that 50-55% barrier on back-tests
but its work in progress

This weekend I was going to post on this thread,
but got caught up with other things

This thread has been a very interesting learning experience for me,

this 20% thingy was like no way, here comes another one :)

The only reason for engaging with the OP was, that he is been around for a while
and comes across as a genuine person

As I started working / testing the method,
I realized with 8/10 years of actively trading,
there are so many biases that I have collected
all along there has been this nagging resistance about the 20% thingy
its like universalizing our own limitations and projecting it over markets / other traders

If I can't see it obviously no one else can either,
also it keeps getting reinforcement with so many fake gurus
there are 100's of examples of "told you so"

So whoever talks about 100/200 % is either naive or a fraud :)

But with all the efforts put in,
if we can stretch our own trading result,
even by 1/2% its worth it

Its a paradox,
don't want to be taken in by all the 1000% twitter nonsense being dished out
but at the same time, also not kill the dream by starting to believe in our self imposed limitations

Happy Trading
You nailed it. Somethings needs to be turned on its head and can be achieved within the realm of possibility. Ofcourse there are others claiming outlandish returns. Knowing the difference is important. Striving to improve ourselves and being open to new ideas is always good.

TracerBullet

We have lively examples of people who make 4x , 5x in single trade and making it consistently

Look at NF traders thread, who trade based on Sanit ji pivot method , avarage results per month is 200 point per lot..means 15k per lot..margin take as 1 lakhs per lot..so they earn 15% per month consistently...if you consider 50k margin per lot , then return per month 30%
Most people here would know this but still ..
Sizing should be based on past/expected max drawdown with some space for bigger DD in Future. Margin is only another constraint but should never be the used for defining risk - that way leads to ruin once you get very greedy.
So if your expected max DD is say 200 points per lot ie 15k per lot and if you want max DD at say 10%, then you need 1.5L per lot minimum. Future DD will be bigger, but atleast you have plenty of space at 10%

Has anyone attempting to get some results?

So far ONLY happy singh ji responded with some less than 5 % return using a ORB

Another guy who called me over the phone, said he was getting around 10% - 15%.

Anyone is else trying?

Another important criteria while selection of gap stock is gap above PDH/gap below PDL...

So stocks should be open 1% higher /lower from previous close and same open price should be either PDH/PDL...

This is only sample pertaining to trading GAP ....

And further filter can be applied looking at first 15 minutes candle ( whether green or red) , etc etc....

Also 5 stocks per day ,and R:R of 1:1 and win rate of 70% is only broad guidelines..if someone looking at ONLY these criteria wont get desired results..

Whole idea is make it fully mechanical , right from stock selection to qty calculations to entry/exit rules...
i know you have said only stocks, but if we consider BANKNIFTY today’s PA would be an example of this to checkout.

VJAY

We have lively examples of people who make 4x , 5x in single trade and making it consistently

Look at NF traders thread, who trade based on Sanit ji pivot method , avarage results per month is 200 point per lot..means 15k per lot..margin take as 1 lakhs per lot..so they earn 15% per month consistently...if you consider 50k margin per lot , then return per month 30%
Thing is even average 100 points will make perfect in consistency...I rather tell everyone who asks it eye for 100 points...actually flow traders need not eye for profits ...need to trade their plan and execute it perfectly...results will come automatically..

rajesh.singh

Has anyone attempting to get some results?

So far ONLY happy singh ji responded with some less than 5 % return using a ORB

Another guy who called me over the phone, said he was getting around 10% - 15%.

Anyone is else trying?

Another important criteria while selection of gap stock is gap above PDH/gap below PDL...

So stocks should be open 1% higher /lower from previous close and same open price should be either PDH/PDL...

This is only sample pertaining to trading GAP ....

And further filter can be applied looking at first 15 minutes candle ( whether green or red) , etc etc....

Also 5 stocks per day ,and R:R of 1:1 and win rate of 70% is only broad guidelines..if someone looking at ONLY these criteria wont get desired results..

Whole idea is make it fully mechanical , right from stock selection to qty calculations to entry/exit rules...
I trade mostly Open since last three years... though I just trade Bank Nifty, so any one need some inputs , will be happy to assist.
All the best...

marimuthu13

Okay guys..here is another updates...

SL - keep only 65% of ORB ..

..say high is 100 rs low is 90 rs.. Now if buy is activated ...then instead of keeping SL @ low 90 rs - filter, keep it as 93.5 rs ... Most of time when SL of 65% of orb hits , it hits orb low too..

TGT - keep it open until 3.10 pm, or sl/tsl get hits....

TSL - once price goes into our favor and reaches 61.8 % of ORB, then modify SL to cost... In previous example of 100-90 ORB , after buy activated , if price reaches to 106.2 rs then revise SL at 100...

Most of time if price comes back after reaching 61.8% , mostly likely keep going down.

These 3 condition will have major role in keeping DD at check.....

It may look complex but very simple rules to follow ..just update high low in excel, rest excel will show us, where to keep SL ,when to revise SL etc ...

marimuthu13

Thing is even average 100 points will make perfect in consistency...I rather tell everyone who asks it eye for 100 points...actually flow traders need not eye for profits ...need to trade their plan and execute it perfectly...results will come automatically..
Agreed bro..

marimuthu13

Most people here would know this but still ..
Sizing should be based on past/expected max drawdown with some space for bigger DD in Future. Margin is only another constraint but should never be the used for defining risk - that way leads to ruin once you get very greedy.
So if your expected max DD is say 200 points per lot ie 15k per lot and if you want max DD at say 10%, then you need 1.5L per lot minimum. Future DD will be bigger, but atleast you have plenty of space at 10%
Why we need 1.5 L per lot if we consider 15k as maximum draw down ?

Capital required per lot = margin required + 2 times of maximum DD ( though one time of Maximum DD is enough, we take extra care assuming future will be bad compared to past....)

Anyway each and everyone has different way to look at MM ,DD and hence % of return..

Last edited:

niftytaurus

I trade mostly Open since last three years... though I just trade Bank Nifty, so any one need some inputs , will be happy to assist.
All the best...
Good Evening Rajesh Sir
Its really pleasure to see you after a long time.I hope you remember me.3-4 years back,we discuss Price action etc a lot.I am happy that you are trading open in BNF consistently.
Please share your expereince & learning here that how to trade Bank Nifty in opening? Please also tell something about how to trade Price action mechanical.
I have seen some of your old posts also, where you talk about Price action setups where we can have 60% probability & 1:2 Risk reward , can you please share those setups ?
Thanks a lot

Last edited: