20% ROI per month on captial above 1 Cr possible?

TracerBullet

Muthu Bhai, for your idea of making 20% on X amount of capital without leverage -

Breakdown is just 1% a day. Even low volatile stocks can give that 1% move very easily on intraday.
1% is not really a big deal and everyone will agree on this and hence on 22 trading days 20% should not be a big issue.

There is lot of stuff and ideas here through which we can make money just like that in 15 mts... Of course at that rate of return we can buy town's and cities :) but jokes apart, I really think 1% a day or 20% a month is not really a big deal and some people must be easily making that.
Excel stats are very easy to do to build your dreams. What i much rather see are real numbers from the market data and not reverse engineered numbers with x number of assumptions any of which might fail in real life. If its so easy, why people dont already make that kind of money. 1% a day is easy right ?

So far, only useful info in this thread is 1) He trades ORB in 15m in stocks. 2) selects 5 stocks
There is trade management, but i would rather define that myself anyway.
Beyond that, the numbers are fantasy. Anyway, it still gives me some incentive to test ORB whenever i get time and feel like it. Even if i could find a system that is competitive vs my current system i would be happy with it ..

mohan.sic

Excel stats are very easy to do to build your dreams. What i much rather see are real numbers from the market data and not reverse engineered numbers with x number of assumptions any of which might fail in real life. If its so easy, why people dont already make that kind of money. 1% a day is easy right ?

So far, only useful info in this thread is 1) He trades ORB in 15m in stocks. 2) selects 5 stocks
Beyond that, the numbers are fantasy. Anyway, it still gives me some incentive to test ORB whenever i get time and feel like it. Even if i could find a system that is competitive vs my current system i would be happy with it ..

Excel stats are very realistic - because 1% a day is sooo easy and people can make that in 15 mts. We can just short at pivots, You can trade at volume point of control ( may be you are not aware of these concepts :) ) , but we have people who trade these concepts so easily and making money very successfully from years. So when people are trading certain intraday concepts successfully from years, 1% a day is very easy right ?

marimuthu13

Excel stats are very easy to do to build your dreams. What i much rather see are real numbers from the market data and not reverse engineered numbers with x number of assumptions any of which might fail in real life.

Beyond that, the numbers are fantasy. Anyway, it still gives me some incentive to test ORB whenever i get time and feel like it. Even if i could a system that is competitive vs my current system i would be happy with it ..
you are on the spot...forgot about results.....I meant to share the process not the results.. ( though my results are not from excel, it's from my trade book...)

few peoples got a way forward working with ORB...thats served my purpose of opening a thread..

there is 1000's way of trading in ORB... even in Timeframe, we have option from 5 min, 15 min, and 30 min... ( don't try in 1min)

The number of stocks also can vary from 1-20 stocks, ( yes 20 stocks ...there is a way to trade 20 stocks using 15 Min ORB)

Trade management also have N number of ways..like selecting half-length of 15 min range as SL so that Risk to reward becomes 1:2 , or instead of booking at TGT, leave the trade it until 3.15 PM... etc etc etc etc

stocks selection also has N number of ways... GAPS ( Direction of gaps, against GAPS), GAINERS/LOSERS, based on yesterday volatile and trend, based on the today first 15 min of stocks behavior etc etc etc etc etc etc...

whoever interested can develop their own system ... few inputs from my side is ,

1. Frame the rules, manually test it..no automation, u won't get the feel of the system...also when you manually test, you will get many ideas to make it to have a proper edge.

2. Entry - Keep it simple...Break of High/Low..thats it...don't try to add filter here like closing 1min tf above high/below low etc etc etc.....keep entry is simple, so that it is tradeable in all my market conditions...

checkmate7

you are on the spot...forgot about results.....I meant to share the process not the results.. ( though my results are not from excel, it's from my trade book...)

few peoples got a way forward working with ORB...thats served my purpose of opening a thread..

there is 1000's way of trading in ORB... even in Timeframe, we have option from 5 min, 15 min, and 30 min... ( don't try in 1min)

The number of stocks also can vary from 1-20 stocks, ( yes 20 stocks ...there is a way to trade 20 stocks using 15 Min ORB)

Trade management also have N number of ways..like selecting half-length of 15 min range as SL so that Risk to reward becomes 1:2 , or instead of booking at TGT, leave the trade it until 3.15 PM... etc etc etc etc

stocks selection also has N number of ways... GAPS ( Direction of gaps, against GAPS), GAINERS/LOSERS, based on yesterday volatile and trend, based on the today first 15 min of stocks behavior etc etc etc etc etc etc...

whoever interested can develop their own system ... few inputs from my side is ,

1. Frame the rules, manually test it..no automation, u won't get the feel of the system...also when you manually test, you will get many ideas to make it to have a proper edge.

2. Entry - Keep it simple...Break of High/Low..thats it...don't try to add filter here like closing 1min tf above high/below low etc etc etc.....keep entry is simple, so that it is tradeable in all my market conditions...
If you are technical person you would feel more confident if you have tested the system end to end...If technical stats also says what you are doing manually is reflected in the test result then its icing on the cake for you too....

But when are you describing it all??...its better you post it all in one go so that ppl who are new would be able to refer and understand from one place rather than going through all the chit chat :)

marimuthu13

If you are technical person you would feel more confident if you have tested the system end to end...If technical stats also says what you are doing manually is reflected in the test result then its icing on the cake for you too....

But when are you describing it all??...its better you post it all in one go so that ppl who are new would be able to refer and understand from one place rather than going through all the chit chat :)
I am done with my inputs.. Read post # 81 and 123... Thats it..rest upto individual to take it forward

Last edited:
I am done with my inputs.. Read post # 81 and 124.... Thats it..rest upto individual to take it forward
It should be 81 and 123

I have tested ORB but never got 70% win / loss (with RRR of > 1)
with the indices, for 1:1.5/2 it is around 35-40%,
adding some filters / buffer can go up to 50%

Even with around 45% win / loss and RR 1.25-1.5, the system gives a positive expectancy
I did not trade it as I did not like the profit ratio, but then I have tested it only on Index

Over a period, to simplify my trading, I had started focusing only on BNF and NF

Now this also can be another approach, instead of limiting the number of scrips to one / two
if one can limit the methods / patterns / or what you have to one or two
and then work with multiple tickers.

But again I am not sure I can start looking at 136 scrips :)

Anyway, if you feel like, do tell us something about your execution process,

do you have all these 136 scrip open on your trading terminal
how do you track them,
when do you apply the filter to them
what you trading screen looks like
how do you chart them, or don't use charts at all and manage trades using excel

etc. etc.

marimuthu13

It should be 81 and 123

I have tested ORB but never got 70% win / loss (with RRR of > 1)
with the indices, for 1:1.5/2 it is around 35-40%,
adding some filters / buffer can go up to 50%

Even with around 45% win / loss and RR 1.25-1.5, the system gives a positive expectancy
I did not trade it as I did not like the profit ratio, but then I have tested it only on Index

Over a period, to simplify my trading, I had started focusing only on BNF and NF

Now this also can be another approach, instead of limiting the number of scrips to one / two
if one can limit the methods / patterns / or what you have to one or two
and then work with multiple tickers.

But again I am not sure I can start looking at 136 scrips :)

Anyway, if you feel like, do tell us something about your execution process,

do you have all these 136 scrip open on your trading terminal
how do you track them,
when do you apply the filter to them
what you trading screen looks like
how do you chart them, or don't use charts at all and manage trades using excel

etc. etc.

136 stocks on screen ???

Scanning will give us stock list..

Just put high low of scanned stocks in excel to calculate qty ..that's it....once qty is calculated place stop loss limit order above high/below low in system, after entry place tgt and sl-m order in system...

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
136 stocks on screen ???

Scanning will give us stock list..

Just put high low of scanned stocks in excel to calculate qty ..that's it....once qty is calculated place stop loss limit order above high/below low in system, after entry place tgt and sl-m order in system...
so main criteria for success is - how to screen and find 5 stock each day, rest is mechanical.