wow,IB finally in India.

SriVijay

Dear Sirs
They say we want to offer them minimum $2000 per month as brokerage....
They need initially $10000 as brokerage upfront for five months.....
That is we must deposit $ 10000 with them to open account initially...and then for trading we must add further funds in addition to $ 10000.....

This is my understanding with their website.......

Regards
Vijayakumar

AW10

i sat down and went through their site and software all afternoon and i personally rate them 1 step ahead of motilal oswal and reliance money,no better than that..
:D
i would never go for them unless they give me something like forex margins...

all the best
Just 1 step ahead of Motiwal / religare etc ? I have not seen Motiwal or religare platrform but have used IB platform ?
Some of the features that are supported by IB are
1) Placing orders from chart window, order form, dashboard, automated trading
2) Creating buy/sell order by clikcing on Ask / Bid price
3) 30+ types of order types (including automatic trailing orders).. i don't know if they are exchange specific.
4) Customise and save order form as template for quick order entry

I am not touching here on options order and type of customised reports that u can generate on their platform. Moreover, it comes with API which given unlimited amount of flexibility to programmers.

But, their Charting is crap compared to other international players like tradestation etc.
It still might be better then many indian brokers. You can draw from tick chart, 1min chart to daily chart till few months old date. You can switch the date and see old intraday charts as well. This still helps to the people who don't have dedicated datafeed.

I am not trying to sell IB (I have no commercial interest here) here but sharing my exprience

Happy Trading