What does Best 5 bids and offers indicate

hi all ,
another question on the same line, should we disclose the real quantity as it is in disclosed quantity field or should the disclosed quantity be manipulated , I believe that many traders disclose only 100 shares when they are really buying 1000 shares . wanted your opinion and a small discussion in this matter

thanking in advance
please help me with this one

AW10

hi all ,
another question on the same line, should we disclose the real quantity as it is in disclosed quantity field or should the disclosed quantity be manipulated , I believe that many traders disclose only 100 shares when they are really buying 1000 shares . wanted your opinion and a small discussion in this matter

thanking in advance
IMO, unless we are trading big quantity, this is of not much use.
Let's say NF's average trade size that u see in order book is 5000 and spread is 5 to 10 paise.
You might feel that u are smart and able to hide your real intention (of selling 1000) from the market by disclosing on 50. In reality, even if you show 1000, it will have no impact on order book. For market the qty of 1000 or 50 is insignificant. But yes, if you want to trade 10000, or 50000, then you have to hide the position to get right fill price.
That's when others will adjust their orders and take opposite positions.

ofcourse the qty is relative and depends on instrument. For some illiquid counter, even size of 50 could move the market.

This is my view. Hope it helps

Happy Trading

bunny

hi all ,

thanking in advance
I am not sure, but I think that there is a low limit on how much you can disclose. Presently, you cannot disclose less than 10% of the quantity. Ex: if you want to order 1000 shares, you should disclose atleast 100 shares. The order will be rejected even if you disclose 99 shares or less than 10% of actual order.

But yes, if you want to trade 10000, or 50000, then you have to hide the position to get right fill price.
That's when others will adjust their orders and take opposite positions.
If the order is very large and can move the market, apart from hiding the quantity, you will also have to break up the order into multiple small orders. You may also need to buy and sell simultaneously(buy 1000 shares, sell 50 shares and so on) to keep the price under check.

But again, this is of importance only to large traders who trade big blocks with definite motive such as to accumulate, distribute or move the price.

Other small traders will mostly have to only react to the movements created by these large traders.