Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish9300

The difference is due to poc selection.Poc is the highest frequency price.In my view C better represent poc than A in my chart.In chart given by Xrayji poc chosen doesn't look right as its not the highest frequency price.But this is based on visual only.Xrayji/Wisp can better confirm if this is true ?

Distribution look very similar so problem doesnt seem to be because of data.Maybe be there is some programming bug in the poc selection part of the afl.Current week values are matching which again suggests data is not the problem.

Last edited:

wisp

The difference is due to poc selection.Poc is the highest frequency price.In my view C better represent poc than A in my chart.In chart given by Xrayji poc chosen doesn't look right as its not the highest frequency price.But this is based on visual only.Xrayji/Wisp can better confirm if this is true ?

Bro, I am not qualified to comment on this!!! I know nothing. Let's wait for XRAY bro's wisdom.

XRAY27

Distribution look very similar so problem doesnt seem to be because of data.Maybe be there is some programming bug in the poc selection part of the afl.Current week values are matching which again suggests data is not the problem.

There are no 100 % perfect softwares for MP, there are some hiccups TOP/POC ,i use GFDL and all GFDL fellows are getting same value's so is this bug or data?? !!! Software accuracy ranging from 90 to 97 %..Whole thread is based on kaka afl

Anyways try some other source..as my knowledge in programming is zero !!!

_SECTION_BEGIN("MarketProfile");
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//
// Formula Name: Market Profile
//
// Use with 5/15min chart
// Originial - From AFL library
// Edited by - Milind / KAKA

//Market Profile 10/12/2009

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// This is a modified version of afl date 09/19/2009 as listed above
// Contains a couple changes:
// 1) a more correct (but not complete) calculation of POC.

Last edited:

VJAY

Check list of MP which i follow

INTRA

1.Open/close with in VA then remember 80 % rule unless it comes out of VA

2. Open outside VA check for OD

SWING

1.Based of weekly VA entry

2.FA will be for target booking ,if there is no such thing just ride the trend

3.if daily va is with in weekly then just do intra for the week

POSITIONAL

D&S along with RF
Dear Xray bhai,
thanks for once again explaining it in simple:clapping:
hope some more on your positional trades with some chart example.
also want to know your 1st 30 min candle is of 15 minuets?means 9.15 to 9.30?

Hello

The confusion in weekly PoC is only due to there being slight difference in data (volume/start end time of candle etc) this will happen only on those weeks / days where multiple candidates are available for PoC

i.e the TPO / Volume distribution is such that we have 2/3 high value nodes (double/triple distribution profile)

In such case as per the data first the PoC is decided with higher volume/tpo count
once the PoC is fixed the value area is the range around it which contains 70% of the volume/tpo's is fixed.

Few days back I had posted a profile of BNF with double distribution where we can consider both the areas with high volume/tpo's as valid PoC and areas around it as VAs

Meanwhile BNF already completed its today's journey from VAL to VAH and Nifty just about trying to reach yesterday's VAH

Happy :)

XRAY27

Dear Xray bhai,
thanks for once again explaining it in simple:clapping:
hope some more on your positional trades with some chart example.
also want to know your 1st 30 min candle is of 15 minuets?means 9.15 to 9.30?
9.15 to 9.45 first candle !!!

wisp

Hello

The confusion in weekly PoC is only due to there being slight difference in data (volume/start end time of candle etc) this will happen only on those weeks / days where multiple candidates are available for PoC

i.e the TPO / Volume distribution is such that we have 2/3 high value nodes (double/triple distribution profile)

In such case as per the data first the PoC is decided with higher volume/tpo count
once the PoC is fixed the value area is the range around it which contains 70% of the volume/tpo's is fixed.

Few days back I had posted a profile of BNF with double distribution where we can consider both the areas with high volume/tpo's as valid PoC and areas around it as VAs

Meanwhile BNF already completed its today's journey from VAL to VAH and Nifty just about trying to reach yesterday's VAH

Happy :)
BNF yet to reach VAH I think

manish9300

Anyways try some other source..as my knowledge in programming is zero !!!

// 1) a more correct (but not complete) calculation of POC.
I wasn't asking for any coding help.But thanks for pointing out that code is not 100% accurate.Somehow I missed reading that line.:eek::).

What i wanted was that if you could check that Poc in your chart is also the highest frequency price.(I hope i am correct in saying that Poc = highest activity/frequency price).
If yes,then it can be concluded that data difference is the reason for getting different values,otherwise, it is an afl error.Anyways now that we are sure afl isnt perfect in plotting VAs ....advise given below is a real gem.:D

Very good advise Happy Singhji regarding multimodal distribution.:clapping:.

Status
Not open for further replies.