Trade: 10
MTM : -2325
All Days Total MTM: -4890

squared off at market close
Short nifty 1 lot
Entry price: 10458
stoploss price: 10508
Target price: 10388

In backtesting maximum stoploss in a row is 5 in 9 years data.
I can understand that trading with fixed lot-sizes can be a problem with respect to accurate position-sizing & risk-management but there seems to be significant differences in the amount of money risked on different trades you have taken, won't that lead to a lot of statistical variance in your results?

I can understand that trading with fixed lot-sizes can be a problem with respect to accurate position-sizing & risk-management but there seems to be significant differences in the amount of money risked on different trades you have taken, won't that lead to a lot of statistical variance in your results?
I had lost 1.27 lakh in single day in past. Compared to that these are very small risk amounts and can't lead to lot of difference in results.

Raj232

I had lost 1.27 lakh in single day in past. Compared to that these are very small risk amounts and can't lead to lot of difference in results.
Yes, I agree, Once the system is accurate, then there is no problem if one sticks to it..
so currently are these paper trades or real trades ?

augubhai

Hi pannet,

This is a fantastic question... not stupid...

if unrealised profit hovering like below

when 1.0
it may hit stoploss or target. I don't care. I just want to follow system. I am a good trader.

when 1.38
it may hit stoploss or target. I don't care. I just want to follow system. I am a good trader.

when 1.39
I think the move is over. it may hit stoploss or target. I don't care. I just want to follow system. I am a good trader.

when 2.8 or even 5.0
1.4(79% success rate) is enough as per backtesting result. Small target means less less drawdown. I like small drawdown. 5.0 means very high drawdown. Just 30% success rate.

I have all kind of emotions just like you. But what i do is doing nothing whatever the mind says. I will be disturbed. But i wont' do anything.

I think i have explained well.
Ithu thaan Mechanical Tradingode essence.

In Mechanical Trading, you (backtest and) decide your trading rules ahead of the trading. During actual trading, you just execute the rules, nothing else. Just like a bot. Emotions should not affect the execution at all.

But that still does not guarantee profit unless the trading system is net profitable, and the Money Management is appropriate.

marimuthu13

Ithu thaan Mechanical Tradingode essence.

In Mechanical Trading, you (backtest and) decide your trading rules ahead of the trading. During actual trading, you just execute the rules, nothing else. Just like a bot. Emotions should not affect the execution at all.

But that still does not guarantee profit unless the trading system is net profitable, and the Money Management is appropriate.
:up::up::up::up: