UNITED STATES OF BANKNIFTY

Top_Massage

Eventually, I decided to sit quietly like an audience in front of screen throughout the second half ... it was indeed very tiring and boring ...

The reason was same ... index weekly option premiums just kept on melting like anything ... Even when markets were slipping decisively during last hour or so .... PUTS were finding it really hard to produce significant amount of extra premium ... they were literally crawling ...

There seems to be no respite for option buyers as we have RBI policy next week ... Hence, premiums would inflate a bit once again (only to be eaten later on by option writers)

Overall, this week is going really slow when it comes to producing money ... previous week was really good comparatively.

Disclaimer: This forum is meant for educational purposes only.

Top_Massage

OK guys ... looking at yesterday's closing and low of the day, it seems 31250 holds the key now.

Also, please note that 31500 will now act as resistance. It was a crucial level which got breached yesterday.

If bulls could somehow save 31250 for long enough, then we can again climb up and immediate targets would be 31350 or 31450 ... but 31500 will be like resistance which needs to be taken out with force.

On breaching and staying below 31250 for long enough, we may slip further ... Choose wisely since its the expiry day .... All the best .... thanks

Top_Massage

I somehow got out on right time ... (even though with less profit ) ... I waited all the way till 2:30 PM ... finally, took some PUTS post 2:30 PM as soon as banknifty breached 31500 with full force .... but did not expect it to climb swiftly ... but we cannot complain about it .... it's the monthly expiry day and anything is possible ... thanks

nil.nik.9777

I somehow got out on right time ... (even though with less profit ) ... I waited all the way till 2:30 PM ... finally, took some PUTS post 2:30 PM as soon as banknifty breached 31500 with full force .... but did not expect it to climb swiftly ... but we cannot complain about it .... it's the monthly expiry day and anything is possible ... thanks

Any specific reason for choosing in the money strike?

Top_Massage

Any specific reason for choosing in the money strike?
Good query ... I have been facing this issue with zerodha since quite a few days ... today also, it happened with me once ... The issue is that on number of occasions, it does not allow traders to buy even the nearest of the nearest option strikes for some foolish reason for which I have shared a screenshot of their weird explanation below ... I did try to buy 31500 PE ... but to NO LUCK ... Hence, I have made a habit of trading with options whose value is close to at least 50, 100, 150 and so on ...

Top_Massage

Guys .. I just realised that the below options contract made a high of 1200 approx but only for a second ... it happened just few minutes ago? I took PUTS and left my computer desk ... I was busy somewhere else but only for 10 minutes or so ... when I came back I saw that markets plunged for a second ... Is it even possible for human to book profits within one second? Probably within milliseconds ...

But it would have been a dream day for me had that happen .... I would have finally made Rs 1 lac or more from single trade .... anyway, there are some things in life that are not in our control

against_tides

Guys .. I just realised that the below options contract made a high of 1200 approx but only for a second ... it happened just few minutes ago? I took PUTS and left my computer desk ... I was busy somewhere else but only for 10 minutes or so ... when I came back I saw that markets plunged for a second ... Is it even possible for human to book profits within one second? Probably within milliseconds ...

But it would have been a dream day for me had that happen .... I would have finally made Rs 1 lac or more from single trade .... anyway, there are some things in life that are not in our control

I got panicked when I saw the profit.by the time i was able to understand...got half of it..

Top_Massage

I got panicked when I saw the profit.by the time i was able to understand...got half of it..
These reactions are pretty common in the world of trading. It's because of one simple reason. Human beings are intrinsically curious by nature. We tend to get even more intrigued when we enter uncharted territory. In the process, some of us may take longer to take a decision while pondering over something. This is absolutely common.