Unit-Linked Insurance Plans (ULIP)

Recently I applied Rs 1 lake in Metlife ULIP, please suggest weather i am right or wrong.
kindly clarify my few confusion :
Is Metlife is a good choice or some other....
Is amount is correct.....
Is it right time for investing in ULIP..... If we consider market...
What about predictions in Metlife ULIP in future...
What about market strategy in future....

Regards

chin_krl

i have invested 50000 per annum for 3 year premium period in tata aig high life plus during 2007. also invested 15000 in tata aig flexi plan for 3 year. how these plans works now ?

Unit-Linked Insurance Plans (ULIP) - MetLife is good !!!

All,

I dont think ULIP is a bad option at all...

1) For all the young junta out there who have just joined a job or are too young in their careers or just started...
a) They do need to plan their taxes to avail 1 lakh discount
b) They also need insurance for their future
c) They also need a corpus of funds for them to survive their middle and old age...

All these 3 things are being bundled into one instrument called a ULIP...

On top of that like an icing on the cake...these also offer you different fund options to choose from which apparently you can shift from one to other like some 12 switches are allowed...which you can change according to your risk appetite...

Also everything is at the cost of something...also not to forget that these do have certain charges which may not be their in some other instruments but these charges do get compensated if you are viewing them as long term instruments...isnt that why you started in the first place...a corpus...a insurance...all are long term needs....and henceforth the conclusion...

The longer the duration the more the benefits/loyalty additions...the more the utility of this product...

We are beating inflation with this product...getting linked to the market...we are getting switching options to choose from according to the market conditions...

I think this does make some sense and clears certain doubt in the heads of our intellectuals out there...

2) Old Retired people:- They also need to invest their money into some instrument...but they dont have time to invest in a lot of different instruments....so they can indiectly invest their money into a ULIP where they can switch funds according to the market...lets say they invest in the equity market..they would have suffered a major loss if they would have done the same...instead if they would have had a ULIP the agent/advisor would have told them to switch the same into Debt market which is agiving a better returns than the equity market and as and when the market is apprecrating they can switch the funds back to Equity...

So I do see a utlity for this product across all the gamut of people out there with their varying risk appetites....

Out of all the Insurance companies out their I have heard in the market from across the domains that MetLife has good products and has a very nice call centre not to mention the tir ups with the banks and best of all the Claim policy is the best and fastest in the market with respect to the competition...

I would definetely advice MetLife over all the others in the market...

Regards
Rohan Sehgal

NO ADVERTISEMENT OF "METLIFE" OR OTHERS SHOULD BE ALLOWED AT THIS PLATFORM! MODERATORS PLZ TAKE NOTICE!

Its' open secret that ULIPS are definitely bad investment choices. Many of the systematic analyses have proved beyond doubt that these eat away your money over the time & there is no benefit over other market based investments even in long term! So plz stop confusing the investors here!
rm420

TFL

Re: Unit-Linked Insurance Plans (ULIP) - MetLife is good !!!

All,

I dont think ULIP is a bad option at all...

1) For all the young junta out there who have just joined a job or are too young in their careers or just started...
a) They do need to plan their taxes to avail 1 lakh discount
b) They also need insurance for their future
c) They also need a corpus of funds for them to survive their middle and old age...

All these 3 things are being bundled into one instrument called a ULIP...

On top of that like an icing on the cake...these also offer you different fund options to choose from which apparently you can shift from one to other like some 12 switches are allowed...which you can change according to your risk appetite...

Also everything is at the cost of something...also not to forget that these do have certain charges which may not be their in some other instruments but these charges do get compensated if you are viewing them as long term instruments...isnt that why you started in the first place...a corpus...a insurance...all are long term needs....and henceforth the conclusion...

The longer the duration the more the benefits/loyalty additions...the more the utility of this product...

We are beating inflation with this product...getting linked to the market...we are getting switching options to choose from according to the market conditions...

I think this does make some sense and clears certain doubt in the heads of our intellectuals out there...

2) Old Retired people:- They also need to invest their money into some instrument...but they dont have time to invest in a lot of different instruments....so they can indiectly invest their money into a ULIP where they can switch funds according to the market...lets say they invest in the equity market..they would have suffered a major loss if they would have done the same...instead if they would have had a ULIP the agent/advisor would have told them to switch the same into Debt market which is agiving a better returns than the equity market and as and when the market is apprecrating they can switch the funds back to Equity...

So I do see a utlity for this product across all the gamut of people out there with their varying risk appetites....

Out of all the Insurance companies out their I have heard in the market from across the domains that MetLife has good products and has a very nice call centre not to mention the tir ups with the banks and best of all the Claim policy is the best and fastest in the market with respect to the competition...

I would definetely advice MetLife over all the others in the market...

Regards
Rohan Sehgal
There are many better options than ULIPs for all the requirements you said.

Haribird.

Dear Sir,

I had invested in 30,000.00 per year for 10 years plan for ICICI Prudential (Life gold) starting from Feb 2008

Agent has splitted it into

Life gold - Multiplier - 27,272.00
Crisis cover - 2,728.00

I had paid till now 2 installment, 30,000.00 each.

i was checking through ICICI prudential site, now its value is just 46,000.00(approx).

Kindly any one please let me know if i terminate this policy after 3 years, as told by agent, how much i will get?
or if i continu, how much i will get after 10 years.

Also is it advisable to continu this is not ?

kindly mail me at
[email protected]

Regards,

Ajay Kumar

TFL

Dear Sir,

I had invested in 30,000.00 per year for 10 years plan for ICICI Prudential (Life gold) starting from Feb 2008

Agent has splitted it into

Life gold - Multiplier - 27,272.00
Crisis cover - 2,728.00

I had paid till now 2 installment, 30,000.00 each.

i was checking through ICICI prudential site, now its value is just 46,000.00(approx).

Kindly any one please let me know if i terminate this policy after 3 years, as told by agent, how much i will get?
or if i continu, how much i will get after 10 years.

Also is it advisable to continu this is not ?

kindly mail me at
[email protected]

Regards,

Ajay Kumar
Ajay Kumar,

Well, Not one can predict how much you will get after 3 years or 10 year or so.
The total amount you will be getting is the fund value you are seeing - Charges for withdrawing. Usually the charges will be very high till 3 or 4th year.

It will be advised to continue the investment and pay regular premiums till the end of the policy as the real growth from the investment will only grow after the 3rd year till that time a large chunk of the funds will be deducted as charges.

Re: Unit-Linked Insurance Plans (ULIP) - MetLife is good !!!

There are many better options than ULIPs for all the requirements you said.

Haribird.
Haribird or whatever your name is could you care to ellborate more or just writing these 2 lines will help other fellow friends who log into this site to make this decision based on your 2 lines....

Batao boss???

NO ADVERTISEMENT OF "METLIFE" OR OTHERS SHOULD BE ALLOWED AT THIS PLATFORM! MODERATORS PLZ TAKE NOTICE!

Its' open secret that ULIPS are definitely bad investment choices. Many of the systematic analyses have proved beyond doubt that these eat away your money over the time & there is no benefit over other market based investments even in long term! So plz stop confusing the investors here!
rm420
MODERATORS PLZ TAKE NOTICE!

NO LOOSE COMMENTS ABOUT ANYONE AND MOST OF ALL IF YOU ARE NOT THE MODERATOR!

MODERATORS PLZ TAKE NOTICE!

rm420
I have yet to see someone make such loose comments and who are you to decide what is good or what is bad and most of all when neither you are the moderator of this group nor you are any other financial guru or Udayan Mukherjee everyone has and will most definetely make their own opinion we are only the facilitators...you probably are none...coz you are just throwing statements rather than stating facts....

Hi All!
Though I am also not an expert; but a simple rule in investment is 'Keep Insurance & Investments separate'.
ULIPs combine Tax-Saving investments with Life Insurance; but incur very high costs for the same. It is advised almost everywhere that Tax Saving ELSS+ Term Insurance is the best solution. But as they say, everybody has his own choice.
http://www.outlookmoney.com/scripts/IIH021C1.asp?sectionid=11&categoryid=129&articleid=6537
http://incfinplanning.blog.com/2731954/

Any analysis showing edge of ULIP over ELSS as investment option is most welcome!
Mr India