Trading with OBV - for Beginners only !!

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Nobody is ever banned for making any critical comments on any thread.You yourself have posted your questions in OBV thread but you were never issued even a warning ,leave alone a ban.Ban is when someone crosses his limit of accepted behaviour and posts for creating trouble in the threads, using foul language,calling someone useless, someone shameless etc....and they are banned in other threads also not in OBV thread alone.These members fully deserve a permanant ban on them.

Smart_trade
Yes. I have seen some of the "humiliating posts". I was about to pm u requesting u to delete the thread, but having spent lot of time in the forum, i knew that the whole thread will be deleted. :D
Thats y saved few imp posts and posted it in obv thread.

Every trader is a different person with different mindset and they can trade different systems and be successful. There is no best method, be it VWAP,TDST,Market Profile,Pivot or OBV....each trader has to find out what suits his mindset and belief system.. There is no evidence to suggest that all the best and largest and most successful traders in the world either follow pivot,MP ,Eliott Wave ,Gann or OBV....

If there was a best method, all successful traders will be trading only that method.

Smart_trade
True.. One wise fellow said, "For a wise person, even grass can be a weapon".
So There is nothing wrong in admitting that method suitable for you may not be suitable for me in realtime trading with real money.
During backtesting everything looks easy. :D

In live trading doodh ka doodh pani ka pani ho jata hai. :lol: :rofl:
(Translation: during live trading only one can surely know whether he understood the method or not).

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Nobody is ever banned for making any critical comments on any thread.You yourself have posted your questions in OBV thread but you were never issued even a warning ,leave alone a ban.Ban is when someone crosses his limit of accepted behaviour and posts for creating trouble in the threads, using foul language,calling someone useless, someone shameless etc....and they are banned in other threads also not in OBV thread alone.These members fully deserve a permanant ban on them.

Smart_trade
Good to know vsatrader1 is banned, I remember his obnoxious posts in my thread addressed to me, and many others in different threads too, hope he was issued a warning then also.

Vivek

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Good to know vsatrader1 is banned, I remember his obnoxious posts in my thread addressed to me, and many others in different threads too, hope he was issued a warning then also.

Vivek
Oh, You were also the victim kya. I thought I was the only victim as I use 1tf for trading. :eek:
Don't worry People are always "reincarnated" in tj . Hoping next time behaviour improves.. :D

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Oh, You were also the victim kya. I thought I was the only victim as I use 1tf for trading. :eek:
Don't worry People are always "reincarnated" in tj . Hoping next time behaviour improves.. :D
Vsa was himself a self confessed reincarnation of some id, everyone knows how improved his behavior was.

Vivek

SevenD

Just keep in mind, any sarcasm or negative comments on obv or its followers is not tolerated. Posts are deleted and id is banned. Ur friend vs a bhai trolled obv followers so he was removed.

Only constructive criticism is allowed. Of course according to you it may be constructive but it can also be interpreted as personal attack.
E.g.. Suri ji said that in 200 ema method discretion is required, that was constructive criticism, but there was huge fight as it was perceived as personal attack.
God knows where is suri sir..:(

After 3 months now it is clear that suri ji was correct as discussion in my thread revealed that we can't be mechanical. You apologised... remember?
Since I too follow the obv thread, my take on it.
vsatrader1 post for which he was banned was outright disrespectful, obnoxious and a direct personal attack on the thread owner. Many have had issues with
the obv thread, but were not banned, as those issues were either agreeing or disagreeing with the method, which is fine, but when the attack is personal and in
no way connected to any discussion of the method being explained in the thread, then that is pure mischief, prejudiced and brute behavior,
for which appropriate action was taken. And such post are, as they should be, deleted to avoid further heartburn and fluff in the thread.
The same issues had cropped up in subhadips thread too, which i use to follow.
There are times when massive frivolous egos need to be tamed, and reigned in.

aja

Just keep in mind, any sarcasm or negative comments on obv or its followers is not tolerated. Posts are deleted and id is banned. Ur friend vs a bhai trolled obv followers so he was removed.

Only constructive criticism is allowed. Of course according to you it may be constructive but it can also be interpreted as personal attack.
E.g.. Suri ji said that in 200 ema method discretion is required, that was constructive criticism, but there was huge fight as it was perceived as personal attack.
God knows where is suri sir..:(

After 3 months now it is clear that suri ji was correct as discussion in my thread revealed that we can't be mechanical. You apologised... remember?
Well, vwap of pratap sir travelled from one area to another which i have not understood the second area...

same is with TDST, saint sir pivot i got through it ,my MP also confused many :D :lol:

Every person is free to adopt his own method and also can leave any method if it does not suit his comfort level..but forcing a method cannot be done

i have adopted OBV close line only , left all ribbons ,Back testing results are quite encouraging so added this to my present MP

Banning is a special weapon with Mods, to stop trolling if it crosses limits ( subject to mods jurisdiction) ...since mods have much more patient and tolerance level is at highest point, many are surviving in the forum,i have violated many times and corrected my self after warning :D

Banned babu already crossed limit !!! so finally kicked out , just check his posts you will understand !!!
Yes I remember Viju :mad:
The main problem is,when you throw some trading idea/method then its your responsibility to answer repeatedly asked queries(FAQ) in a proper way.
OBV thread is fully disorganized from the beginning and everyday the new concept is forming.Some guys may understand the concept by just reading few lines,but few guys need a chart and very well written entry-exit-sl rules.
Everyone has different grasping power,right?

If someone is telling me that-Take all rejection trades on SD.
I'll backtest it and if at some places I am confused that how to use this concept, I will post some charts and try to get my queries get clear by the person(The Master) who shared that concept,right?
He knows all in-out of that method and thus he's making his bread-butter out of it.Isme personal attact kaha se aa gaya bhai?:confused:
Aapki method hai,aap se question nahi puchhenge to kisko puchhenge bhai?

I just tried to tell Viju that if you'd traded Reinfra using OBV,your SL would have hit 5 times.If I'm wrong,pls correct me.But the OBV master got offended.Instead of clearing the doubt he shouted on me.
Like mohan.sic Bhai,I too told that OBV work weird with stocks so I put Relinfra as an example.

This is what happens based on the indicator formula.

This is a drawback in using obv. You cant identify this problem in Nifty/bank nifty/USDINR. But when you experiment on stocks, you can notice this.
I still have unique queries on OBV,but he wont answer any of it.Finally,I throw out the system assuming its not for me.

Last edited: