• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scplindia

Raunakji,

Please advise on aban, they have got the insurance claim for the rig which sunk, because of which the stock hit a year low of 635 from 1200, in few days.

Now that the fundamentals for the company has improved, the main negativity out of the way, what is the target for the company, and does it qualify for a bullish/ swing trade.

I have gone long on the stock, today, at 885 aug fut 2 lots, added 1 lot at 900. what do you recommend that I should do.

Cheers,
Prem Kumar

vssoma

On a lighter note "Why there isn't a Sachin Tendulkar ETF "!!
dear,
if he makes runs, etf will go up, if he duck, will go down........if he drop the catch -1or -2 , if he manages to catch +1 or +2...............continues.
really very thrilling....raunak.

SwingKing

Raunakji,

Please advise on aban, they have got the insurance claim for the rig which sunk, because of which the stock hit a year low of 635 from 1200, in few days.

Now that the fundamentals for the company has improved, the main negativity out of the way, what is the target for the company, and does it qualify for a bullish/ swing trade.

I have gone long on the stock, today, at 885 aug fut 2 lots, added 1 lot at 900. what do you recommend that I should do.

Cheers,
Prem Kumar
Prem,

I don't know how you pick a stock for swing trades. But for me, fundamentals don't form a part of swing trades. However, if this is the way you do it and are successful at it, then do not change your method.

As far as technicals are concerned, if markets remain healthy, ABAN should see levels of 925 and 948 for swing perspective. On very shorter time frame, the stock can also undergo consolidation. Hence, be patient.

Tc

scplindia

Raunakji,

Sorry, I did not pick this stock for swing trade, Found that the fundamentals of aban has improved, because, now the only negativity in the stock has been eleminated. Hence, the stock should go up, due to fundamental reasons. This is my feeling, so decided to go long. This is the reasoning. Please advise, if this is okay, otherwise I can exit tomorrow, while I am in profit, as expecting the stock, to continue the up for the morning session tomorrow.

Thanks
Prem Kumar

columbus

Aban is a good stock.Before the bad news it was ruling at RS.1250/-.Today
after the news that insurers are ready to PAY,the stock sky-rocketed.In long
term (1-year) we can see a price of 1000+ easily.

Raunakji,

Cheers,
Prem Kumar
I get a feel that you have caught it at high risk area. It would have been better to wait for proper consolidation or pull back to enter.

I would say take profit in momentum tomorrow and get out.

Happy trading!

SwingKing

Raunakji,

Sorry, I did not pick this stock for swing trade, Found that the fundamentals of aban has improved, because, now the only negativity in the stock has been eleminated. Hence, the stock should go up, due to fundamental reasons. This is my feeling, so decided to go long. This is the reasoning. Please advise, if this is okay, otherwise I can exit tomorrow, while I am in profit, as expecting the stock, to continue the up for the morning session tomorrow.

Thanks
Prem Kumar
Prem,

Firstly I don't think Futures is the right asset if you want to invest in something. Secondly, if you get a bounce, you can exit tomorrow. If you are looking to invest in this stock, then its better to buy it in cash. If you want to speculate and use an asset for swing trades, then its better to operate in futures. The call is your's.

In the end, it does not matter what I state. You need to be at peace with whatever you decide.

Tc

ksesha

Keep it in mind that insurance covered the loss of the rig but 20% of the revenue was coming out of that rig

Raunakji,

Cheers,
Prem Kumar