Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Raunak,

Thank You for reply. But it does not give 30-50 points every time. It can reverse anytime. Which indicator shows that its gonna reverse? At least a clue???
Can you please help me with the AFL??? Please give me the AFL, I need it badly. As I live in a small place called Chandrapur, no one knows about this. Or, is there any site which helps me to create AFL???
:clapping:

Thank You !!!

Last edited:

Esse

Esse,

Had I been in your shoes, I would have kept a stop loss of 5110 (conservative) and 5180 (if aggressive). We are in high volatility environment and hence stop losses need to be wide. You are in the right side of the market and moving up would require a lot of buying. As of now, data still favors short trade.

Hope this helps.

Tc
Dear Raunak,

Should I Short at higher levels and do some averaging? Also I wanted to ask you if charting and technical analysis are one and the same thing or one is a subset of the other. Kindly elaborate on this for my academic interest. In case charting is different than TA then i would request you to kindly start a thread on the same.

Thanks

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

Thank You for reply. But it does not give 30-50 points every time. It can reverse anytime. Which indicator shows that its gonna reverse? At least a clue???
Can you please help me with the AFL??? Please give me the AFL, I need it badly. As I live in a small place called Chandrapur, no one knows about this. Or, is there any site which helps me to create AFL???
:clapping:

Thank You !!!
Widewings,

1. Regarding AFL - This is a very subjective pattern. It cannot be coded to perfection. Hence, you will have to do the hard work of scanning the pattern with your naked eye.

2. Regarding Exit - You can use price crossing the 10EMA as exit. The more number of times you use this pattern, the more better exit strategy you'd come up with.

Hope this helps.

Tc

rangarajan

Re: "Trading Strategies Using Technical Analysis".

Sunny there is a reason why I have not mentioned anything about trailing stop or exit.

Trailing stop - If one wants, in a short sell setup, the moment the current candle's high is taken out, the position can be squared off. However, the drawback with this is that often prices tumble again and the good move is missed out. I have researched 3 years of Intraday data and what I have found is that it is better not to keep a trailing loss. Instead what I do is that for NIFTY I keep a target of 20 points and keep the market running down. If the market turns around, then I square off the position the moment my 20 points profit is in threat. So this way, the minimum I make is 20 and the maximum is what luck throws at you. :)

Exit - Again this is subject to the choice of the trader. Out of 183 times (in 3 years) that this pattern has occurred, the NIFTY has fallen in the range of 20-30 '63' times and rest results vary. Hence, the minimum would be 20. I have a lot of trading capital and hence I take up huge positions in order to compensate for any loss in potential points. Hence, as a trader one must decide how much points he wants. For some 10-15 points is too much and for others sky is the limit. :)
Well said. You have perfectly understood the psychology oftraders,fear & greed. You r enumerating excellent ,simple techniques for common traders without jargons.t/u