• February 27th 2011

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I sold 100 uco bank shares without buying at 108. Now how much auction charge i have to pay.

And other thing, without buy how i can sell it? If i sell 100 share at 100rs and after that i buy that share at 99 rs, so i realize profit of rs 100 ? How it is possible?
Please help me.

I sold 100 uco bank shares without buying at 108. Now how much auction charge i have to pay.

And other thing, without buy how i can sell it? If i sell 100 share at 100rs and after that i buy that share at 99 rs, so i realize profit of rs 100 ? How it is possible?
Please help me.
When you sell you actually initiate a short position. In case you are dealing in the cash segment, it is desired that you cover up your position by buying the same qty before mkt closes for the day. Or else you already have the shares in your DP. Pl remember that the shares are not credited immediately into your DP the moment you buy the shares. It comes in a couple of days after the trade. In case you want to carry forward your short positions do it in the derivative section.
The auction price varies from day to day. Try and arrange for the shares if you can or request the broker to adjust it from the pool. This is however not a very healthy practice.
Pl also note that profit = (SP-CP-brokerage-taxes)
Regards

MurAtt

Please help me.
From you above post seems you HAVE NOT understood the basics .. nor want to as you would have googled and found out or spoken to your RM and found out / made arrangements etc.

Is it worth trading without knowing the basics? Would you invest 2 lacs in a new business without knowing the basics/background, profit margins, where the shop is, who the landlord is, what the rent is etc etc etc ....

Kaisi yeh mohabbat is shama se
Jo jalne waalo ki katar khadi hai

:)

From you above post seems you HAVE NOT understood the basics .. nor want to as you would have googled and found out or spoken to your RM and found out / made arrangements etc.

Is it worth trading without knowing the basics? Would you invest 2 lacs in a new business without knowing the basics/background, profit margins, where the shop is, who the landlord is, what the rent is etc etc etc ....

Kaisi yeh mohabbat is shama se
Jo jalne waalo ki katar khadi hai

:)
Dear SM,
Bas ek iltiza thi :

Hamein bhi rakhen yaad jab likhein tareekh gulshan ki,
Ki hamne bhi lutaya tha chaman main aashiyan apna.

Regards

Dear murtaza.

No body has perfect knowledge in there bussiness. Thats why every one sometime realize loss. Otherwise every one realize profit, not loss.

You are right. I want more usefull comment.

And now aprox how much need to pay for my mistake.

Regard.

MurAtt

Auction would be minimum 20% on the T+2 price i.e if you bot on 21st then 26th price (since 22,23 & 24 are holidays).

So if UCO closes at 110 on 26th then ... 110/5=22rs per share penalty to be paid.
BUT
Ask for Contract Note for penalty else no penalty ... and stand firm. Else broker will eat the penalty and give shares from his pool a/c ... free money earning on clients mistake .. they are waiting for you to make more mistakes :D

Call them Monday and be specific and clear. First req them as Undefined has said ... to issue shares from Pool a/c and spare you the penalty. You will have to convince them ...
If not .. and they are adamant... as a last resort ask for a Contract Note for the penalty.

SwingKing

Personally I feel we are entering difficult times in near term. Whether one has to blame it on Inflation, Policies, Corruption etc is anyone's guess. But, there is no hiding from the fact that tough times could well be ahead. My opinion is not based on some prophecy but based on the fact that interior structure of various Indices (I.T., Bankex, Infra, Realty, Auto) is worsening by the day. Defensive sectors are moving with some vigor and this makes me more cautious.

Technicals of the market are fine. But I wish markets were simply dominated by Technicals. At this stage, one has to give proper weight to what is being considered. Technicals in my opinion take a back seat here. The more important aspect to be considered here are the Macro of the Economy. Sooner than later, crude, inflation will start to hamper India's growth and that impact is going to start reflecting somewhere in coming quarters. The price however, will begin discounting this pretty soon. I personally feel that time has come.

To argue with markets would be foolhardy and I would never want to get in that situation. Hence, I am currently working with some very basic levels. Below 5750 I am short on the markets and above that level I will reverse and be long. I am not recommending anyone anything, hence please use your own analytical tools to draw assumptions/conclusions about what I have written. I am an eternal Bull and when I write about markets having a probabilistic move on the down side, it pains a bit to do so. But at times reality cannot be ignored.

In the short term I feel 5550 is on the cards and below that 5400 cannot be ruled out. When and if we reach there, we will review again. If we do not reach those levels and market begins to move up, I'll simply accept my opinion as being wrong and will reverse my positions above the 5750 levels.

Tc