• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Re: How I am trading the Nifty

I had shorted the Nifty at 5230 as previously mentioned and I squared off 70% of my short positions today. At present, I want to tell you how I am trading the nifty. Refer to the figure below. The nifty had violated Trendline 1 (marked in white) and hence shorting was a good opportunity. Now, after two days of volatility, the Nifty has taken support at Trendline 2 marked in Red. Till this support prevails, I will look to be long in the market with fewer short positions for restricting loss. Support at trendline 2 was formed with hammer-like formation and support has a good chance to hold.

Now, the markets have broken the trend line 2 mentioned in the chart above. This leads us now in the 'wait and watch' period for the markets. The markets from here can either fall or can stagnate. Bounce from these levels is almost likely. However, I will be very circumspect regarding the rallies in the market. I am still accumulating shares in very small quantities for my long term portfolio. However, I am completely out of the market's as far as trading is concerned.

An ideal market participant has to switch roles in the market. Currently, the 'investor' role is likely to be more profitable as the market's may witness great deal of volatility which may lead to losses for traders.

Here's the updated view of the market. If the Market's don't claw back and hold on to 4900+ levels, then it can tank down to 4650-4700 levels.

Last edited:

nimish_rulz

Good Stuff man! I think the Dow has hit the bottom and only positive trigger from the Asian Markets would give the upward optimism. Dow looks to have found a strong support at 10150-10170 and as I said few days back its China and Hong Kong which are a concern for India. However, I see the markets have corrected a lot the immediate bottom before we see new highs would be around 4650-4700 that would still mean we are in a bull run but as we all know markets are always a step ahead of you our job is to not fall behind by many steps which on this occasion I did by not paying attention to my system and listening to people who in their right were correct but I should have shown more faith on my system like you did that is what I have learnt from you.
I agree with your investment theory and just about the perfect time to get into the market for longer term horizon. But i expect nothing great unless the interest rate policy comes out.

SwingKing

Good Stuff man! I think the Dow has hit the bottom and only positive trigger from the Asian Markets would give the upward optimism. Dow looks to have found a strong support at 10150-10170 and as I said few days back its China and Hong Kong which are a concern for India. However, I see the markets have corrected a lot the immediate bottom before we see new highs would be around 4650-4700 that would still mean we are in a bull run but as we all know markets are always a step ahead of you our job is to not fall behind by many steps which on this occasion I did by not paying attention to my system and listening to people who in their right were correct but I should have shown more faith on my system like you did that is what I have learnt from you.
I agree with your investment theory and just about the perfect time to get into the market for longer term horizon. But i expect nothing great unless the interest rate policy comes out.
Yes with interest rate policy we have to look at the budget too. Usually in interest rate hike scenarios, sectors like technology, electric equipment, chemicals and a few more tend to perform better.

So let's see where things go from here.

Tc.