Trading NR7 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

trade4putuval

I played on bhartartl and ended up with loss.....it seems, my stock selection is not good and so losing daily......fed up...irritated.....grrrrrr :(
Join the club :). It is no wonder that you see your trade going in loss, while the other stock which you decide to leave alone keeps going towards its target. There are no technical concepts to analyze this trend :). If there is, it will be nice if somebody could share it.

Well, and most of the traders, it seems, are still struggling to find a strategy which will decide whether the trade that they have executed will become a success, inspite of having all strategies in their favour.

Cubt

Algo Trader
I played on bhartartl and ended up with loss.....it seems, my stock selection is not good and so losing daily......fed up...irritated.....grrrrrr :(
I was in same state of mind when i started using NR7 method few months back. If you search this thread, you could see many posts from me cribbing about my lossing trades.

As i said earlier, do not choose stocks which are trading near critical support/resistance.
And when the stop loss is HIT, dont exit, try to reverse your position. It is possible only if you are doing positional instead of Intraday.

Good Luck!! :thumb::thumb:

trade4putuval

I was in same state of mind when i started using NR7 method few months back. If you search this thread, you could see many posts from me cribbing about my lossing trades.

As i said earlier, do not choose stocks which are trading near critical support/resistance.
And when the stop loss is HIT, dont exit, try to reverse your position. It is possible only if you are doing positional instead of Intraday.

Good Luck!! :thumb::thumb:
That is a valid point, but for that, we need to have four times capital of the single trade you do. Because most of the times in a trendless market, the stop loss gets hit on both the sides multiple times that you stand to lose more than what you earn.

And by the time, you get the trend, you will get the margin call to exit. :)

Cubt

Algo Trader
That is a valid point, but for that, we need to have four times capital of the single trade you do. Because most of the times in a trendless market, the stop loss gets hit on both the sides multiple times that you stand to lose more than what you earn.

And by the time, you get the trend, you will get the margin call to exit. :)
That's right. I dont trade any stocks with having ONLY the margin money. Calculate the risk, 5, 10, 15 points. whatever. say the risk is 5 points, then 5*3*lot size= 5*3*1000=15000 is the additional money i keep aside in case of false break outs.

and this 15000 risk money should not be greater than 3% of my trading capital. this is what i follow. and it worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.