Tracking Shares Through Point and Figure Charting

Karanm

Hi all,

I' m new to TJ and have recently been going through the Technical Analysis forum and it's threads.

The one thing I noticed was there was not much information on Pnf charting or sharing of scrips through PnF analysis.

Hence I thought of starting this thread, so that like-minded people could join and share their analysis of various scrips or share their views and tips about PnF charting.

Everyday I would share scrips which are bullish or on an uptrend as per the PnF chart.

Thanks and Regards,
SK
Sir, any explorer formula to to scan Metastock EOD Data for Shares which are bullish or on an up trend as per the PnF charts.

Regards
Karanm

Hi SK,

In point and figure charts for Nifty, could you tell me what box size have you found appropriate, for swing trading purposes (period - 3 weeks to 3 months)? I tried a box size of 20 and 25, but somehow the resultant chart was not as orderly as a well drawn pnf chart usually is.

Also, I started my chart from 6th July 2009, and drew the 45 degree bullish support line from the box of 3925 (the low on 6th July was 3918), but the trend line again is not satisfactory. Any suggestions there?

Thanks,
Naresh

praveen98

hi kumarnareshk,
please tell me whether you are using 2box reversal or 3box reversal...i use 25 box value and 3 box reversal. But in my opinion for swing trading it is better to use 25box and 2box reversal.
i thank sk for starting this thread ...i am charting manually for the last 3 years....i mean pnf charting ...of nifty, jr and midcap50 stocks.

praveen98

Hi all,

I' m new to TJ and have recently been going through the Technical Analysis forum and it's threads.

The one thing I noticed was there was not much information on Pnf charting or sharing of scrips through PnF analysis.

Hence I thought of starting this thread, so that like-minded people could join and share their analysis of various scrips or share their views and tips about PnF charting.

Everyday I would share scrips which are bullish or on an uptrend as per the PnF chart.

Thanks and Regards,
SK
hi dear sk,
i am very happy to find a pnf chartist in this forum. i am also very much intrested in pnf charting ...can you tell me about the software you are using , scale you are using and trading strategies. i am charting manually nifty, jr and midcap50 stock charts manually..so together we can be a good team.. Thank you for starting this thread. if you are intrested in a personal discussion please send a mail [email protected]

Hi Praveen,

Since the time I posted the last post, I tracked Nifty using 20 with 2 box reversal, 25 with 2 box reversal and 25 with 3 box reversal. I actually feel I have got the best results with 25 - 3 box reversal. The chart is neater, the trend line is better and the noise is cut out.

What's been your experience?

praveen98

hi naresh,
i am tracking nifty with 3 different box sizes 100(long term) 50(mid term) and 25 (short term) 3 box reversals. Trendlines will be more clear serves the purpose of telling support and resistance more accurately in longterm, mid term and short term in that order.
From jan 2010 i am tracking nifty futures with 25 box and 2 box reversal.
which software are you using and can you tell me the trading strategy you are implementing?