The Best Trading System

What do you like or dislike on this thread?

• Like: Trading Theory, Psy Ops, Myth Busters

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Like: Trading Systems

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Like: Everything on this thread

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Dislike: Too much theory, not enough actionable items

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Dislike: Systems discussed are found as useless

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dislike: Everything on this thread

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
This chart is of OBV of Bank Nifty in 1min.time frame. The horizontal lines are the times when i took corresponding shorts in Bank Nifty. The blue line is the 200EMA of OBV. I took the first short corresponding to the green horizontal line at around 3:04 yesterday and added to my short positions at the subsequent horizontal lines. These exact points are shown by vertical lines. Next i would be posting the price charts corresponding to this OBV Chart.

So i started with a short at 19148 yesterday and added to my positions at 19036,19095,19006,18913 and 18870 intraday today. And squared off all at 18850 in the last 15 min. today. The SL when i started yesterday was at 19175 (a mere 30 odd points) and after the 1st add i kept bringing down the SL to the Previous significant pivot high. Thus i was in profits right from the beginning (because of the gap down) but even if gap down had not happened i would have been in profits after the 1st add itself. I ended up booking 888 points (About Rs.35000) with a max risk of Rs.1200. All in a day. This is the power of compounding (adding to a winning position) AKA pyramidding.

If you observe carefully, even at the end of the day the OBV is still below the blue line. I got out of my position because i did not want to carry risk over the weekend. Since OBV is still below 200 EMA, will only look for shorts on Monday as well till we cross above 200EMA