TARGET :500 Nifty points per month...!

linkon7

You also can cover your 5500 call & shift to 5400 or 5300 call which can give you more premium because as per my understanding downside is capped in NF from now on.
If the downside is capped, why would i want to shift 5500 call to lower strike price...:confused:

aditya14

it cost me just 45 Rs (buy + sell+ taxes) for one lot. Brokerage is not my concern... its just treated as part of normal trading expenses...

short Strangle is there to protect me from overnight risk... intra day i treat all 3 legs separately and trade all 3 of them...
why not buy out of money calls then to protect your short futures.Anyways i think its not a good trade in such volatile conditions the strangle.

why not buy out of money calls then to protect your short futures.Anyways i think its not a good trade in such volatile conditions the strangle.
Linkon has not in included his intraday jobbing of his positions in the calculations he posts here. I think he is just trying out a what if scenario here... I bet his effective cost of the nf short is well above 5700...

He must be expecting a retest of the upper band before he shifts his position from defensive short to aggressive short positions. He is one of the best day traders i have seen in my 15 yrs career... He's very clear in his head about the positions he carries and every possible scenario has a well chalked out plan...

aditya14

Linkon has not in included his intraday jobbing of his positions in the calculations he posts here. I think he is just trying out a what if scenario here... I bet his effective cost of the nf short is well above 5700...

He must be expecting a retest of the upper band before he shifts his position from defensive short to aggressive short positions. He is one of the best day traders i have seen in my 15 yrs career... He's very clear in his head about the positions he carries and every possible scenario has a well chalked out plan...
Oh and who are you again? was i talking to you?Do you read minds?

Oh and who are you again? was i talking to you?Do you read minds?
Linkon is a very close associate of mine. I introduced him to my PSM firm and he happens to be one of our star performers...

I am one the panel members who has to evaluate his trades...I dont have to read his mind... he has to post his trades taken and the rationale behind his trades to me... :lol:

linkon7

Linkon is a very close associate of mine. I introduced him to my PSM firm and he happens to be one of our star performers...

I am one the panel members who has to evaluate his trades...I dont have to read his mind... he has to post his trades taken and the rationale behind his trades to me... :lol:
Dada,
U r right...I'm expecting a retest of 5392 and then am looking for confirmation of weakness for a tgt of 4870 on the down side...

I am using this thread just to see if 500 points can be achieved by simple adjustments of positions without including intraday jobbing. btw, my NF cost is now 5678 and the strangle cost is 364. :D

sibumajumdar

Dear Linkon,
My Friday trade......(1) Lng STRADDLE: 5300 July Call (112.10) & put (132.10). Cost 244.20 AND (2) SHORT STRANGLE : Jul 5400 CE @ 68.90 & 5200 PE @ 84.50. Collected 153.40.

EOD Value : Long Strangle 235.80 (-8.40) & Short Strangle 151.20 (+ 2.20).
Net Loss 6.20.. All pos for 1 LOT each...

Plz guide me how to deal with entire pos for positive conclusion....upto what stage iam safe & when should i SQ Off which pos... Thanks....SLM uncle

sibumajumdar

You are losing value of premium due to time decay & rangebound market.... if you short 5300 strangle only then you were in 8.40 profit not loss due to time decay. this is a good strategy to take benefit from a range bound market, now you can cover your 5300 strangle in few points loss before it gives you more losses & remain in 5400 & 5200 position.
PS: I also have short position in 5300 strangle @ premium of rs. 239 & 5400, 5200 straddle @ premium of rs. 169 & both legs are in profit. But i will immediately cover both positions if i feel that market is going to break its range & will shift to another leg.
But remember you will have to track your position whole day to avoid any losses due to Nifty one side movement. This strategy is good only for a range bound market otherwise can give big losses.
In case mkt breaks in one particular direction then will 5300 STRADDLE not make it profitable? Plz explain....Thanks SLM Uncle

linkon7

Dear Linkon,
My Friday trade......(1) Lng STRADDLE: 5300 July Call (112.10) & put (132.10). Cost 244.20 AND (2) SHORT STRANGLE : Jul 5400 CE @ 68.90 & 5200 PE @ 84.50. Collected 153.40.

EOD Value : Long Strangle 235.80 (-8.40) & Short Strangle 151.20 (+ 2.20).
Net Loss 6.20.. All pos for 1 LOT each...

Plz guide me how to deal with entire pos for positive conclusion....upto what stage iam safe & when should i SQ Off which pos... Thanks....SLM uncle
This position was recommended assuming this as a news heavy month and either we break 5400 and shift the range higher or we continue our 4850-5400 range and see a sell off after breaking 5200...

As long as NF trades between 5200 to 5400...your positions will continue to loose value, with maximum loss near the 5300 mark...

Of course, we will convert this delta neutral strategy to a directional one once we spot weakness on NF...