Systematic Investment Plan

@ajay_ijn
I heard about Reliance ATM card, we can withdraw 50% of amount from HDFC ATMs. but what are charges levied for that?
I have one of these card. It is relatively hassle free. :thumb:

Reliance Any Time Money Card enables you withdraw cash from any VISA ATMs.

1. One cash withdrawal and one balance enquiry per card will be free every month at HDFC Bank ATMs only.

2. Charges applicable on subsequent transactions or balance enquiry. No charges applicable on card usage at Merchant Establishment locations.

3. Subsequent Cash Withdrawal : 27/- (HDFC/VISA)
4. Subsequent Balance Inquiry : 14/13/- (HDFC/VISA)
5 International Cash Withdrawl/Balance Inquiry : 61/19
6. Card Issuance Fee : NIl
7. Annual Fee : NIL
8. Re-issuance of Lost Card : Nil
9. Re-Issuance of Lost PIN : Nil
10. Hot Listing : Nil

Hi Guys, a quick update.

Reliance has launched Online SIP feature on website..... very easy n convenient...
Available on www.reliancemutal.com...... and no PIN required.....

Total paperless for existing investors

Check out Reliance Equity Opportunity & Reliance Banking Fund....

I personally like your portfolio. I would read your portfolio like this.

Low risk - Reliance MIP - 33%
Medium Risk - HDFC Prudence - 17%
High Risk - HDFC top 200, reliance growth,and the other div MF - 50%

Since you are 24, this would suit your long term fin goals very well.

Just my thoughts.

i am new to MFs, just started investing recently, aged 24, medium risk appetite.

SIPs (Rs 6000 total)
16.6% in HDFC Top 200
16.6% in Reliance Growth
16.6% in HDFC Prudence

want to put in rest 33% in reliance MIP and rest 16.6% in some equity diversified (thinkin about DSP BR Top 100 or Reliance equity opportunities, ICICI Pru Dynamic)

some how i don't wanna put lump sum amounts in liquid funds, their rate of returns are nearly similar to savings bank.

and if i kept lump sum amounts into liquid funds, how quickly can i redeem them? If i can instantly transfer to/from my Bank account through internet banking instantly, it would be really beneficial.

I want to invest in ELSS, but what if i needed that amount during emergency needs before the lockin period?

Hi Guys,

I am an NRI and my investment portfolio in SIP is

1. DSP Top 100 Equiity Gr (Rs. 5000 pm) - last 2.5 yrs

2. DSP Tiger Equity (Rs. 5000 pm) - last 2.5 yrs

3. HDFC T 200 (Rs. 5000 pm) - last 2.5 yrs

4. Reliance Growth Fund (Rs. 5000 pm) - last 2.5 yrs

5. Reliance Infrastructure (Rs. 5000 pm) - last 1.5 yrs

6. Birla SF Frontline equity G (Rs. 5000 pm) - last 2 months

7. Franklin Templeton Bluechip fund Gr (Rs. 5000 pm) - last 2 months

Can you suggest any changes or whether this portfolio is OK. I have other investments in debt kind of portfolios.

Also 2 questions (which may be primitive)

1. In my HDFC T 200 fund I had put investment period as 3 yrs. Now I want to increase it. (I have HDFC account through which these SIP are operated). Can it be done through HDFC account or I have to put new SIP.

2. After 3 years even if I am not putting any additional money in that, can I still stay invested with what ever money I have already invested. Is it beneficial to do so or otherwise.?

Hi,

1. DSP Top 100 Equiity Gr - Good fund, continue
2. DSP Tiger Equity - Infrastructure fund, avoid
3. HDFC T 200 - Excellent fund, continue
4. Reliance Growth Fund - Continue
5. Reliance Infrastructure - Infrastrcture fund, avoid
6. Birla SF Frontline equity G - Good fund, continue
7. Franklin Templeton Bluechip fund Gr (Rs. 5000 pm) - I presume this is Franklin India Bluechip, Good fund, continue

To overcome the 2 funds which I have suggested to avoid, you can consider SIPs into a Mid and Small cap fund like ICICI Prudential Discovery and a Multi-cap fund like HDFC Equity or Reliance RSF - Equity.

1. In my HDFC T 200 fund I had put investment period as 3 yrs. Now I want to increase it. (I have HDFC account through which these SIP are operated). Can it be done through HDFC account or I have to put new SIP.

If your previous investment was through the same ISA account, then it is possible to re-start SIPs into the same folio. However, if you had invested through a different broker previously, I don't think you can start SIP into the same folio through HDFC Gateway. You may have to open a fresh SIP through HDFC ISA and then initiate a transfer of units across folios. I am not sure how seamless or difficult is this.

2. After 3 years even if I am not putting any additional money in that, can I still stay invested with what ever money I have already invested. Is it beneficial to do so or otherwise.?

Yes, you can continue to stay invested, but do remember your folio no :). Coming to beneficial or not, I would suggest you to consider a few questions,

a) Do you require that money urgently?
b) How much of profit have you made? Is it inline with your investment strategy?
c) If you withdraw, how do profits impact your taxation?
d) How is the market doing? If it's a bearish market, I would suggest to hold on till bulls are back and then think about the same.

Happy Investing !!

Dear All,
I am 42 year old. I want to invest Rs 10000.00 every month( 5 year horizon) thro SIP. I wish to take medium risk. Your opinion is invited.

Regards,
selvakumaran.B

Hello sir
i am new to this forum so plz don't mind if i had posted in wrong forum.
i want to buy insurance policy for my daughter(birthdate-10th Feb 2011).which is best policy that will give lumpsum amount after 20yrs for her education,marriage .i have jeevan anand policy.plz guide me.i can pay premium of 30000 per annum. i am totally lay in insurance and calculation.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Hello sir
i am new to this forum so plz don't mind if i had posted in wrong forum.
i want to buy insurance policy for my daughter(birthdate-10th Feb 2011).which is best policy that will give lumpsum amount after 20yrs for her education,marriage .i have jeevan anand policy.plz guide me.i can pay premium of 30000 per annum. i am totally lay in insurance and calculation.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Hi,

If you are interested in LIC policies only, you can consider either Komal Jeevan or Child Career. The former may augur well as it's payment starts from age of 18, to 20, 22, 24 where Sum Assured is disbursed. At the age of 26, all guaranteed bonus and accumulated bonuses are disbursed.

You need to have an equivalent policy and since you stated that you have Jeevan Anand, it should be fine.

Happy Investing !!

P.S: I have invested in all the aforementioned policies because I believe in them and am not an LIC agent :thumb:

A systematic withdrawal plan is a financial plan that lets a shareholder withdraw money from his existing mutual fund portfolio at regular intervals. The money that is withdrawn through a systematic withdrawal plan can be reinvested in another portfolio.
These are commonly used for retirement planning and generally for those investors that require easy access to their money.
There are a lot of investment companies in India that offer such systematic investment plans like HDFC, ICICC and Reliance mutual funds. Along with this they also provide information on mutual fund terms so that you can invest more easily.