Systematic Investment Plan

milind

Hi
With 3k-5k to invest in SIP, only 3 equity funds r enough:

Reliance Regular Savings Equity-G - 40%

DSPBR Top 100 Eqt Reg-G - 30%

HDFC Top 200-G - 30%

This portfolio will b nice for 5,10,20 yrs i think; if u track the performance twice a yr.

I do not believe in debt fund SIP

mr india
Ananth,

You haven't listed what other investments you are holding. I agree with mr india in that you shouldn't need more than 3 funds. I would have some mid/small cap exposure through hdfc equity, dspbr equity or rel growth. Anything 5yr and beyond is long term. Differentiation matters if you are going to need cash in few months (short), or 1-3 years (medium).

Regarding debt, SIP is not very interesting. But you need to have some sum immune to market whims (2008 was a good example of why you need it) - when you are starting to save, and also when you have a large account (and so obviously when you are in the middle of those two points). I use short term debt funds - but there are variety of products (post office, FDs, PF etc) depending on your specific situation and choice.

-- Milind

Hello Milind/Mr. India,

First of all, my whole hearted thanks for providing the right kind of guidance i was looking at.

Milind, as far as my investment goes, i do not hold any MF. I have around 50K in NSC and 55 K under LIC Jeevan Astha policy. I do not have anything beyond this.

I was hoping that the returns from the debt funds would be considerably higher when compared to FDs, NSC, PPF, etc hence i chose those two funds. Kindly correct me if my understanding is wrong.

As far as the requirement of fund goes, i am not planning to touch any investment until the period is over (5yrs. 10yrs and 20 yrs).

Thanks,
Ananth :clap:

I am planinng to invest in SIP 3000-4000 for month can you suggest me which are good and how to invest. i have account in ICICIDIRCT.COM.:)
WHICH ARE good MF for invest.

Thanks
ven

Is there any difference b/w sip for 2000 Rs/month and If you regularly invest 2000/month manually in MF honestly . In my opinion, if you opt for sip fix money will deduct every month for fix date, whether mkt is down or up. and in case if you invest in same MF manually every month you can choose the date as per your choice . I want to know the difference in both strategies

Is there any difference b/w sip for 2000 Rs/month and If you regularly invest 2000/month manually in MF honestly . In my opinion, if you opt for sip fix money will deduct every month for fix date, whether mkt is down or up. and in case if you invest in same MF manually every month you can choose the date as per your choice . I want to know the difference in both strategies
Hi
Both r same if u invest HONESTLY every month without catch!

mr india