Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

Mr.G

Today i saw this link from traderji...it amazing for me...

https://www.vantagetrade.com/productdemo.do

any one suggest this is useful or not..........?
If a person is good why would he sell his calls to you for a fixed fee? Should not the fee be based on performance and capital used if he is good?

TRUST me these people are making easy money. Just study hard and research harder.:thumb:

If a person is good why would he sell his calls to you for a fixed fee? Should not the fee be based on performance and capital used if he is good?

TRUST me these people are making easy money. Just study hard and research harder.:thumb:
I agreed your thoughts...after search a web....every things amazing for me also confusing......which is correct...or not..?

Still finding the path..?

jamit_05

Today i saw this link from traderji...it amazing for me...

https://www.vantagetrade.com/productdemo.do

any one suggest this is useful or not..........?
This whole Call Giving Business is not without a healthy dose of irony.

On one hand a trader, the one who receives the calls, is required to understand that to be profitable he must take all the calls. Cannot skip any. But, 99% of the times, after 4 to 5 back to back losing trades the trader skips a few of the recommended calls/trades as a result of his own analysis. This ruins everything.

On the other hand, if the trader is able to completely understand this then he is already at a fairly high-level of advancement as a trader and hence won't need any call service!

And to answer why a profitable trader sell his calls:
If one is genuinely a good analyst-cum-trader and has a reliable structure to profit from, then he could sell it as well. Because the concept of saturation does not apply here. In fact its the opposite. If there are more people participating in a breakout it will be even bigger! And then the skill lies in taking profits.

saivenkat

After a long period of time..i am doing two things here..
1) Making a post here in TJ.

2)I tried to make some kind of analysis..in SBIN.. How far it is g:D:Dd.. i don't know.. Will leave the rest to experts here to make corrections for the mistakes i made..by way of s:) called analysis..

PHP:
I have set an aggressive and a life-time purchase price for a few engineering stocks. Following is the list of stocks and their prices:

BHEL 100, 67, 40
EiL 120, 82, 60
Cummins 323 (and lower)
Greaves Cotton -None-
I feel, H&S target of what i told is reached, then BHEL at 67, EIL at 60, and NIfty at 4500 as said by Amit bro in this thread is always a realistic target in future.. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited:

jxcess

how are the below mentioned companies for long term investing?

DLF
JPASSOCIAT
JINDALSTEL
IDFC
PNB
TATAPOWER
BHEL
COALINDIA
SBIN
POWERGRID
NMDC

Last edited:

jamit_05

how are the below mentioned companies for long term investing?

DLF
JPASSOCIAT
JINDALSTEL
IDFC
PNB
TATAPOWER
BHEL
COALINDIA
SBIN
POWERGRID
NMDC

IDFC
BHEL
COALINDIA
SBIN
NMDC

If purchased after proper corrections then these investments should turn-out positive.

I have taken out Tatapower and POWERGRID because if you want to invest in power sector then buy stocks that supply power equipment and not distribution or generation.

In banking sector, go for a better bank. SBIN is on the down-beat. But, if you get 2009 low then you are safe for life.

IDFC is in a soup too, get it at 2009 lows. Not higher.

Last edited:

jamit_05

I feel, H&S target of what i told is reached, then BHEL at 67, EIL at 60, and NIfty at 4500 as said by Amit bro in this thread is always a realistic target in future.
I am aware that the intended price of purchase appears far-out. This is because we are near all time highs.

This cannot be sustained. There has to be a strong downtrend and the macro and micro economic scenario is suited for it. I am not saying Lehman kind of crash-out... but a minimalistic view of Nifty touch 4500, which is low of last year F.Y.2011-12. When that happens, take you money out of Debt funds, and buy your top 10 scrips! and keep a watch on them till another mad uptrend happens... somewhere in 2020 :)

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I am seeing a double bottom , W in sai's SBIN monthly chart with 2500 as mid height of W , will explode above this , but when ......

ananths

Hi Amit, Einstein,

Very good thread.:thumb:

Can you please list out top 3 stocks to buy in different sectors to create a portfolio for very long term? The person who is investing wants to invest systematically over a period of time. Main intention is to get dividend returns and capital appreciation over a period of time.

You must have done such analysis in this thread before..i went thru few pages. It would be very helpful if you can summarise your list of stocks.

Thanks in advance.