Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

Cubt

Algo Trader
Very good thread, good going. Guys, any views of on Hutsun agro and alembic pharma. Have invested on both companies aroune 120 levels. Now want to add more. Pls suggest

Einstein

Nice to meet someone who has invested in same company. I myself holding alembic pharma, good quantity since jan 2013.

Just keep in mind and this is important, to book profit if it suddenly jumps to 240-260 level. above this it became an expensive stock. however the company is growing and so its value.
If company keep doing what it is doing now its the next lupin for sure.

add: for hudson ago the word I hate most is debt. its debt is more then its networth. it completely kills any margin of safety. i would not hold it for long.

Last edited:
Nice to meet someone who has invested in same company. I myself holding alembic pharma, good quantity since jan 2013.

Just keep in mind and this is important, to book profit if it suddenly jumps to 240-260 level. above this it became an expensive stock. however the company is growing and so its value.
If company keep doing what it is doing now its the next lupin for sure.
Can i invest...this stock...or wait for corrections...

Guys.. seems to be an amazing thread!! Great work Einstein & Amit, ways to go.. Is tech mahindra a better choice in the IT sector as whole for long term? And what is your views on persistent systems for long term investing?

This stock is pulling my leg.. looking at its business, profits n more over with zero debt I had some interest on this company.. but with recent allegations I wonder whether to step in or not to! MCX.. Your views?!

jamit_05

Stockman,

1) Tech-Mahindra.

It is a good company. No denying that. Numbers are nice. No worry on the performance front. But it is currently expensive. And that poses a unique problem. People who bought Infosys in later part of 2010 have only started to breakeven after 3 years! That is the problem with buying expensive.

As a long term investor, with Nifty dangling near All Time Highs, I would not want to buy anything. But, watch everything.

TechM is a gem, but too expensive. Put your cash in debt funds instead.

2) MCX

Has very strong points in its favour. It has a very unique business model which has no rival. Even NCDEX closed down. It has consistent flow of revenues and its only major expense is the software cost and employees. Point being, it does not need to keep pumping in the most precious resource every year just to keep the wheels rolling: Cash!

However, it is amidst some serious controversy. In such cases you have two choices. Either gamble. Buy when it sharply corrects. Or wait for it to make some serious consolidation. Let is show a sign that it has established again.

As far as the business model is concerned, it is a Thumbs Up! But, future may be murky due to the Jhol!