Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

jamit_05

Whats your view on TAMO, Jamit?
I assume you are talking about long term investment, 3 yrs +

Then, Tamo will perform very poorly, along with all the auto and auto-ancillary companies. This one industry is gonna be in correction for a really long time.

Reason. In recessions Auto sales surely fall. IT and Pharma may or may not... but Auto and Metals definitely fall. And it makes sense. If the population, the larger part, doesnt have surplus left from income then how will a common man afford vehicles.

jamit_05

Gujrat Gas Co... is has gathered a strong downward momentum on the charts. Purchase only after consolidation.

The business model is sure shot. No hassle. Get CNG, and distribute it. It has no debt on the balance sheet. And margins are comfortable... ought to be.... who does not need CNG. It is in Gujrat, where the economy is given preference.

So fundamentally the Company is sound. Half the battle is won. The other half is the price, without getting the right price even a good company is not good enough.

Raghuveer

How many of you guys use the software given by your broker to execute trades? I used it in my early days when i was a technical analyst. Now I don't even remember the password to it. Haven't used it for over a year. I just give out my orders on the phone. :p
I use only the broker software for ALL orders except emergency square off orders when there is problem with net/PC.

Most people I know use use PC/Smart phone, only rarely they use phone orders.

jamit_05

It is of primary importance that a Stock, for investment, be purchased at right value.

If a blue chip like Infy can fall 15% intraday, then what scope does less royal ones have. This happens only at levels that do not justify value.

Infy has to correct a lot more for it to be worthy of purchase...