Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

jamit_05

what are your thoughts on Tata Global Bevrage?
It has good business in Tea.

But mainly the reason why Global is an interesting stock is that Tatas are always interested in up-keep of their brands (except Tata Motors, why?). Therefore, they have a certain Moat attached to them. Plus, they have money power and tremendous experience in selecting proper managements to run their Cos.

All in all. Tata Global is an old horse. A no problem company. It is worthy of being in my portfolio. But ... But...

It is expensive right now. It will have to correct more. Will do price analysis over the weekend.

Last edited:

jamit_05

Look at the movement in the scrips, you will see a very clear segregation: The bad side and the good side.

Today the good side is being sold into, cuz it is overbought and it is good time to book profits.

And the bad side is being bought into, cuz it is oversold and will give em a little profit in the short term and stabilize them. Gov does not want unnecessary panic. Heck, even opto is up 24% ! (Please investors don't fall for the Opto Trap. It is still a bad company)

The bad side is after all bad... and in the next down leg will fall further making newer lows till their businesses turn around.

So, if someone were interested in short-term trading... swing trading. Then these are the parameters he would look at.

Info about Price analysis would be appreciated....

How exactly you derive that a stock is worth the purchase if it falls under xxx amount or if it reaches xxx amount

How exactly you get hold of the right script which are falling down.........

Any particular website for the same...........

jamit_05

How exactly you derive that a stock is worth the purchase if it falls under xxx amount or if it reaches xxx amount

The very first thing I do is refer to the companies valuation via Discounted Cash Flow. It takes into account the capacity of the company to generate Free Cash Flow. You will find these numbers in the Annual Reports.

This would have to do with knowing the solidarity of the company. For this my number 1 factor is its age. Whether the company has lived for atleast 10 years. Then its leadership position in the sector. Then the quality of business.

A very good ex. is of the much discussed Union Bank.
My family has 23 accounts in Union Bank. So, we are very familiar with the size and strengths of the Bank. So I am confident that it will survive the next 10 years (whether or not our business survives :). So if I get it at a bargain price, I will definitely buy it (but only 3% allocation)

Plenty. But none I trust completely as it is my money on the line. Start with Moneycontrol, several brokers release company reports, ValuePikr, Equitymaster, screener.in .... very many others. But, you have to do your own picking because if you sum up the recommendations from these sources, they will sum up the entire market!

Last edited:

Mr.G

Jamit has uses a mixture of fundamental and technical analysis. Companies are valued through fundamental analysis. And entry and exit is timed with technicals. The only way i personally look for companies is that, I keep track of the companies I have researched fundamentally.

I really like his method as, We get best of both worlds. We buy good solid companies and get good platform for entry and exit from the position.

Last edited:
There you have it. Sugar Stocks are below 2005 lows !! There is little pain left in terms of Rs value not percentage.

Company Under Consideration is

BALRAMPUR CHINI

A market leader. Upcycle in Sugar industry is 100% bound to reflect in its share price. It is also the oldest. Hence experienced management.

Ideal price to buy is Rs.30, low of 2008.
Ambitious target Rs.160;

That is 500% growth. The best part is, it will happen quickly... but only after it starts, till then the investor will have to be patient and keep the faith. :)
Balrampur chini is vry much near to ur reco price - am gonna take a plunge - any advise

There are two ways to achieve long lasting success as an investor.

The second route is for the less seasoned investors. Top companies from various sectors are selected. Since, they are always pricey one has no option but to wait for a killer price which comes once or twice in five years; in a melt down.
Amit, do you smell the killer price around the corner