Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

jamit_05

@ Amit.. Somewhere in the early part of this thread .. i think you gave a list of stocks,..that is in list of your buys.... when nifty hits 52 week low.. Please give me the link to that post..

My questions are:
1) Do you still go with the list of stocks that you had..?
2) Have you made any changes, any + or - to it /
3) What would be the ideal price zone, that you would like to invest.. if time permits pls mention the price zone to buy them..
4) Finally.. i need your views on SHARON- BIO, Deepak fertilisers, Capital first.

Thanks and Rgds
Will look into these.

jamit_05

Deepak Fertilizer is a case of increasing debt for increasing revenue. It makes a weak case. Its NPM is low too. It is in a govt controlled industry.

And more importantly, when all good companies have done so well in this uprun, why is Deepak Fertilizer languishing at a low PE of 5.

It does produce free cash flow, but not consistently.

I'd give it 2 out of 5 stars. It would not have a place in my core portfolio. Probably on the sides but only at very good prices.

Einstein

I personally know someone who have 2cr+ invested in deepak fertilizer from quite sometime and I also saw that the debt is a the problem but as we all know debt is double-edged sword if management is good then they can turn into a cindrella company. however never got time to go through this in deep.

jamit_05

I personally know someone who have 2cr+ invested in deepak fertilizer from quite sometime and I also saw that the debt is a the problem but as we all know debt is double-edged sword if management is good then they can turn into a cindrella company. however never got time to go through this in deep.

I see that DFP could've been a really good growth stock a decade ago. The management still has that aggression. But, after becoming big, it is tough.

The worst part is that it is govt regulated, so it may never get its due attention from FIIs. Like Sugar stocks. Balrampur chini is a great stock, but govt regulated.

In 2013-14 DFP paid back a good amount of Long term debt, but you never know. It may have to take it back again the next year. Such has been the trend in last 5 years.

saivenkat

Deepak Fertilizer is a case of increasing debt for increasing revenue. It makes a weak case. Its NPM is low too. It is in a govt controlled industry.

And more importantly, when all good companies have done so well in this uprun, why is Deepak Fertilizer languishing at a low PE of 5.

It does produce free cash flow, but not consistently.

I'd give it 2 out of 5 stars. It would not have a place in my core portfolio. Probably on the sides but only at very good prices.
Thanks for you valuable inputs.. i was just a bit carried away.. by Daljeet Kholi's fundamental analysis on this stock.. Now that you made it clear.. no confusions persist..in me..:thumb:

ZANDUREALT-FUNDAMENTAL SNAP SHOT

CMP: 901.55 (All Figures are in crores except ratios)
Sector CONSTRUCTION REAL ESTATE Market capitalization 72.7
Sector P/E 30.44 Price/Earning Ratio -31.03
Sector P/S 4 Price/Sales Ratio 0
Sector P/B 1.12 Price/Book Ratio 0.37
Sector RONW 4.42 Return on Net Worth 0
Sector Exp/Inc 0.6 Expense/Income 4.8
Book Value 2467.8 Equity 8.06
% of Sector Mcap 0.1 % of Sector Income 0