Stock Quote Retriever

Stock Quote Retriever

On Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/embed/RkHKWjY3DWo

Features:

Stock Portfolio manager, realtime/delayed stock quotes, short term, long term gains calculation
Support for internal as well as user provided data providers - Get realtime quotes
RSS News Reader - Latest business news, as it happens, when it happens
Web Links Browser - Bookmark your favorite web links and access them through SQR itself
Streaming Media Player - View your favorite business channels
Portfolio Database Manager - Backup restore your portfolios etc.

Last edited:
Hi rpc,

Glad to know that your problem is solved. Your ISP's DNS server entries seem to be outdated for some reason. It's possible that you might not be able to access some other relatively new websites as well. So, it's better to bring this issue to their notice.

You can install SQR in as many PCs as you want. However, since each license of SQR is tied to a Embediv username and password, you'll need to re-register on embediv with different credentials for every new SQR license that you desire.

Happy trading.

Your's sincerely,
Embediv Support

hi,

Well, I installed the software but it fail to run

johnny
Hi Johnny,

You need to register yourself at www.embediv.com, before you can start using SQR. Your registered credentials at embediv are used by SQR to authenticate you. Moreover, after registration you need to request for a machine specific license file. For details on getting SQR running on your system please refer to: http://www.embediv.com/left/download-sqr/

Your's sincerely,
Embediv Support

I hv a win6 (64 bit) machine and I get only bloomberg thats preloaded but if i try and add other medialinkss I get a message - Operation must use an updateable query..pls help

I hv a win6 (64 bit) machine and I get only bloomberg thats preloaded but if i try and add other medialinkss I get a message - Operation must use an updateable query..pls help
Hello,

Thanks for your interest in SQR. Sorry, since you're the first one to report such a issue, we don't have a ready-made fix for you.

Please provide more details on the link you're trying to add and the steps you're following to do so.

Please make sure all of your database files (in the SQR installation directory) sqr.mdb, sqr2.mdb, sqr3.mdb don't have their read only attributes set. You can check this by opening the SQR installation directory in Windows explorer and then right clicking on the desired file and choosing properties.

If you have backed up your database, try using an older version.

Lastly you can try with a re-installation of SQR to see if it helps.

Please do update this thread if your issue gets resolved, for the benefit of other users.

embedivsupport, Firstly as soon as I open SRQ I get this message - "Operation must use an updateable query" . Then after i enter my Id&pw and validate i get this message - "Could not delete from specified tables". After I press ok, SQR opens. Media player only has Bloomberg, which works, however I cannot add any fresh items thru Manage Links. Likewise now of the preloaded news channels open. These r a few of the probs...can u pls tell me what could be the problem? BTW I hv uninstalled and re-installed..but no luck

embedivsupport, Firstly as soon as I open SRQ I get this message - "Operation must use an updateable query" . Then after i enter my Id&pw and validate i get this message - "Could not delete from specified tables". After I press ok, SQR opens. Media player only has Bloomberg, which works, however I cannot add any fresh items thru Manage Links. Likewise now of the preloaded news channels open. These r a few of the probs...can u pls tell me what could be the problem? BTW I hv uninstalled and re-installed..but no luck
You're getting this error most likely becuase the folder/directory SQR is installed in doesn't have modify/write permissions for your user account. You either need to give the SQR installation folder write permissions for your user account or install SQR in a different directory, in which your user account has write permissions. Please also refer to this link which gives a detailed explanatio on this error message: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article/74/Solving-the-Operation-Must-Use-An-Updateable-Query-error

Also make sure of the following:

1. Your SQR database files sqr.mdb, sqr2.mdb, sqr3.mdb don't have their read-only file attribute set

2. The database files sqr.mdb, sqr2.mdb and sqr3.mdb are not opened by an external application like Microsoft Access while sqr is being used

This should solve your problem. Let us know the results.

embedivsupport, thanks for the solution. I could get rid of all the error messages by logging in as "admin". Can u give us some media player links like-CNBC, ETNow, etc..