Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

thanks for the reply purusharth, did u code on ur own or used their services ? how complex is ur code ?
I coded myself with the help of many people.:thumb: (If I had used their services then i would have opted for algo) coz algo is very easy to execute. But with amibroker based signals you need to troubleshoot alot which is frustrating and time consuming.

No its not at all complex.

Also one more thing here, If you use indicators of any type then you cannot use their algo service, u will have to go via amibroker route. This is bcoz all indicators use past data and their system cant backfill, it rus on live intra feed only.

Vertigo_1985

I coded myself with the help of many people.:thumb: (If I had used their services then i would have opted for algo) coz algo is very easy to execute. But with amibroker based signals you need to troubleshoot alot which is frustrating and time consuming.

No its not at all complex.

Also one more thing here, If you use indicators of any type then you cannot use their algo service, u will have to go via amibroker route. This is bcoz all indicators use past data and their system cant backfill, it rus on live intra feed only.
what is the basis of your strategy ? what made you opt for mechanical trading ?

Basis: A basic candlestick pattern with confluences from various time frames about the trend direction. The pattern with all the conditions met occurs rarely.

So, tested on a basket of stocks, satisfied with the results, but couldnt handle it manually as position in 5-10 may occur simultaneously. Hence had to opt for mechanical trading.

Thx

toughard

so they trade from Excel RT data!

aaah...I thought algo trading involves:
Fix protocol or streaming sockets (like Interactive brokers have)...
real time complex event processing (such as ESPER etc)...
and databases to handle tickdata and derive candles for different time window... etc.
That's why I have seen algo traders and quants with awe !

hmmm... anyways excel or high tech... its good as long it makes money!
You are talking about execution setup ...
I told about strategy writing ... the trigger/Analiese...

yaa as you said tech is not important the technique is...

Last edited: