Simplest intraday ORB strategy for NIFTY

Hi Raja.

Try live / paper trading. :)
Hi prasadam sir.Actually i have backtested these strategies.In papter trading the disadvantage is first the wastage of good time and the slippage factor u dont consider in it.Paper trading is good for strategies which are discretionary and which can not be tested through computer backtest.

augubhai

Hi prasadam sir.Actually i have backtested these strategies.In papter trading the disadvantage is first the wastage of good time and the slippage factor u dont consider in it.Paper trading is good for strategies which are discretionary and which can not be tested through computer backtest.
Hi Raja,

I have seen your backtest reports of a couple of strategies, including the Redline strategy. Awesome job. Could you also please backtest the strategy that i described with the following parameters?

1. Place SL Buy/Sell at 10:00 AM High/Low.
2. Only one entry per day. If SL Buy is executed, cancel SL Sell & vice-versa.
3. Square-off in the last 5 minutes everyday.

I had done some backtesting with data from InvestBulls 2008 data, but have now lost the data & the test results.

I had tried different combinations of entries & exits.
Different times - 10:15, 11:00, etc for entry, 3:00 PM for exit etc.
Adding buffers before SL. Finally decided no buffer was best.
Different % targets.

Finally, I had concluded that the simplest strategy was the best.

As a general trading way....Try and focus on capital protection. Move your SL to BE after you start getting a decent move. When to move can be decided only by you.But, I have been taught that every BE trade is a winner. It helps you to come back some other day and fight again.

Best:thumb:
:confused: Pls clarify SL to BE, PYARE! Thanx

mohhnow

what i did with nr7 bo today fits this too,
NF bought at 5208
SL 5200
then trail raise to 5212
Tar set 5228 [before that the Trailing SL got hit at 5212]

Positives:
Simple, passive.

Negative:
But if kept passive, what if both Tar & SL got hit ?

Very novel like 15min ORB, nr7 bo, flow.
Surely involvement of Seniors would help us polish it up.

:) An effort to develop something innovative is the spirit to be appreciated.

augubhai

Moh,

I am not able to monitor the market after I reach work, so I necessarily have to place all my orders near market open.

This Opening Range Breakout strategy with automatic square off at 3 PM (no target, only SL) is one strategy that I am using. The other strategy is positional and goes long/short at open based on moving averages. Both these strategies do well at times, and sometimes bad. The moving average strategy has performed especially bad in December due to almost 3 whipsaws.

Please let me know of any strategy that can be implemented within the first 1 hour. (now that market open has changed to 9 AM, I will have some more time :)