Sensex is heading towards 10000 just my thought

marcus

The bond market is generally 180 degrees apart from the equity market, I once saw a research paper by Larry Williams were he had plotted indexes representing both markets to show the relationship.

hey guys ..

am new to this forum and find this quite fascinating...am basically a technical guy and i i just get into this Stocks and stuff.. Do you guys think is it a right time to start investing in stocks..

If you have long term view on indian growth and after proper study and risk assessment you can start investing in good fundamentally strong companies.
As i believe when prices are going down the discount is increasing important is to invest in proper stock at right time and this might not be the right time but it will come as smart investors accumulate stocks in bear phase of the market.

Day after day we are getting the stock at cheaper and cheaper rate. will it be betterand benificial to wait forthe cheapest rate possible?
dont try to time the mkts i.e. to find the cheapest rate possible start investing a little amt now it will b more beneficial if u have time horizon of say 4-5years then this may be the right time..

dont try to time the mkts i.e. to find the cheapest rate possible start investing a little amt now it will b more beneficial if u have time horizon of say 4-5years then this may be the right time..
it is a very bad advice, with respect to volatility in bull markets that is fine. but this is a different scenario, no body knows how far down the markets goes, yesterday there were no buyers. this time there are real reasons for the market fall, as long as the reasons stay it's not good to buy.

one should not be as greedy as catching the market at the bottom most point . one can always enter say if the market is up 7% from the bottom, of course you can miss the action the first 7%, but that reduces most of the risk.

Interest rates in Japan are at 0.5% where as the US treasury bills and Bonds offer around 4%. Japanese investors took advantage of this and are supposed to have invested billions. But now since US$ is depreciating so these investments become not profitable.This may lead to huge outflow of funds from US and causing a further fall in the value of the green back.

This is what we call yen carry trade unwinding.

:) Hope I am right ahmed
yes u r right.

Ahmed

Dear All,

Just my thought.
by Looking all the -ve factor like

1. crude oil above 110.
2. all commodities are at there all time high.
3. Inflation is going up.
4. IIP fig. going dwn.
5. GDP going dwn.
6. subprime problem in india. (ICICI bank)
7. Job cuts in india.
8. 20% salary reduction in satyam.
9. Yen carry trade.
10. Election near future.
11. US recesstion.
12. Very week global market.
13. REality crash in US and UK.
14. FII's are selling heavily from last three month.
15. Expectation of crude touching 200$.
etc. etc.

I got the feeling like we are moving towards the bear market. And we may probably see much and much lower targate of 10000. I was thinking about this when market fall heavily on 21,22.

what is members view?

Ahmed
more -ves.

18. Morgan Stanley sees the Bear Market culminate at 11022.

Ahmed