SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
The proposal about networth based limits was first put forward in April 2008 --- 3 months after the circuit in Jan 2008.
That was the panic time. That time they skipped the idea.

But, now when the market is hitting the all-time high, in bull market the Govt is bringing the idea to help only big industrialist and mutual fund owners. They want constant money flow to the market through SIP.
But, the traders who are earning much more than SIP return must do active protest at least. It's is a matter of earning and living now.

Everyone who has twitter must register a protest there.
sir,no offense to anyone.
there are many Pro traders active in other threads(and their own),i wonder why they dont reply here or put their views on this sebi's- get out traders thingy?
i even didnt see their like-thanks on this thread,so how will they post on sebi wall?
may be they have no prob against this move??

so sir pls create a poll saying are you against this sebi move?yes/no/50% agreed etc.
because-
this is likely going to happen to the petition and the tweets as i dont see any unity on the forum itself
http://www.traderji.com/community/t...lers-participation-in-f-o.106175/post-1301010

pls forgive my ignorance,may be i am wrong,may be you guys are already connected via other means.

headstrong007

@pihu actually most of small retailers are using options, they are thinking they can escape.
Also, still now most of the traders are in believe that it is just discussion. If SEBI comes with the rule only then u'll see the real anger. Now, most of the treaders are taking it lightly.

The petition against STT trap was successful as numbered of people suffered by it was very large. Let, people suffer first then they will come for their own interest. Also, most people love to watch from side silently. Like silent readers. :) No problem, they are also part of the community. Sometimes they think it is right the time to join the movement. That time the movement is a success. :)

Many members here are actively posting or liking the post. Numbers of new members posting here is increasing here day by day.
But I surely know only Court Case can STOP such nonsense. So, I have shared the Avi Garg number and whats app group here who is willing to fight the case together. Even only a handful of traders can stop SEBI.

There is another way,
Open thread, with challenges like many already here,
This time the goal must be 2 Cr (HNI) within 4 months. Choose your capital. :)) 1 lakh, 3 lakh, 5 lakh, 10 lakh, 20 lakh as u wish.
[Just joking, don't do it, don't lose your cool, you will lose big money. It's better to share a small token money for the court case if it is really required. Is not it?]

Last edited:

headstrong007

It's time to teach SEBI.
We love this trading profession very much bcoz of the FREEDOM attached to it.
We used to buy sell anything anytime if we have the required margin. We are responsible for our loss or profit.
But with the new regulation, there would not be FREEDOM anymore.

This is actually a FREEDOM FIGHT for traders/investors.

SEBI will do their job. We will do our job. Let's see till the last who wins?
Lets watch the ill effect of it (trading volumes and bid-ask spread) if it is implemented.

Last edited:

headstrong007

As per the proposal being considered, the total annual income can be made deciding factor for the exposure a retail investor can take into futures and options, the officials said.

Options Segment is also included in the proposal - KALA KANUN!

headstrong007

Net worth also mention there
Yes, I wanted to highlight the OPTIONS part only with that selective post, as we are already discussing networth part.

Many option traders have a false impression that they can escape, but that is not the case.
SEBI is not considering only Option premium for exposure but whole turnover including premium +strike.

superman

Guys who are full time traders or wanna be full time traders , Read this carefully:

Quit your dream , There is no way on earth small traders can make money after introduction of all proposed ideas by SEBI. Here is the official SEBI plan to curb margins/retail participants:

https://www.sebi.gov.in/sebi_data/meetingfiles/apr-2018/1524050694434_1.pdf

Again I am saying, either fight against SEBI or find another job; There is no middle ground now !

I am sure that most of us will quit trading; There is no life here anymore

Last edited: