SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

GENIETRADE

i will never give up trading if my day's loss is capped at Rs.10 including all taxes. Hopefully IRDA should come up with traders loss covered policies instead Why govt thinking to wash off retailers. Very lucrative insurance business. Is not it? Are you new comers to insurance business listening? :D:p

After seeing all these policy changes, I started thinking whether I am here as a rock hard gambler or trader?

pav

Hope everyone has came to know about this new circular by SEBI regarding Extension of Trading Hours.

Direct Link-

https://www.sebi.gov.in/legal/circulars/may-2018/trading-hours-on-stock-exchanges_38849.html

What are the Pros and Cons of this move by SEBI?

Please Share your views TJians.
headstrong007 sir,
i want to know that this extanded time till 11:55 pm is only for equity derivatives and not for equity(cash) or for both. I do trade in only Equity ( Cash) so asked this question .

Regards

soft_trader

headstrong007 sir,
i want to know that this extanded time till 11:55 pm is only for equity derivatives and not for equity(cash) or for both. I do trade in only Equity ( Cash) so asked this question .

Regards
Only equity derivatives. Cash market will close at 3:30PM

now,say a chart of SBIN EQ and SBIN Fut are almost same...after this move SBIN Fut chart will be diferent.May be at 5pm SBIN Fut will have heavy buying but next day SBIN Cash will get affected by this badly?

What I do now is,I buy 500 shares of SBIN,but if the move is very strong I buy SBIN Fut as charts,weightage are similar,I wont be able to do the same later. i.e,If I doing good in Equity means I'd do good in its Fut too,it was my understanding(misunderstanding??).

now,say a chart of SBIN EQ and SBIN Fut are almost same...after this move SBIN Fut chart will be diferent.May be at 5pm SBIN Fut will have heavy buying but next day SBIN Cash will get affected by this badly?

What I do now is,I buy 500 shares of SBIN,but if the move is very strong I buy SBIN Fut as charts,weightage are similar,I wont be able to do the same later. i.e,If I doing good in Equity means I'd do good in its Fut too,it was my understanding(misunderstanding??).
I read the following on the Hindu Business Line
https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...n-be-traded-till-midnight/article23775493.ece

"ANMI (Association of NSE Members of India) welcomes enabling provisions on extension of trading hours but wishes to place on record that it should be restricted to index derivatives alone and not cover individual stocks, as they may be vulnerable to abuse by unscrupulous elements,” said Rajesh Baheti, President, ANMI.

Sent from my SM-J210F using Tapatalk

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
I read the following on the Hindu Business Line
https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...n-be-traded-till-midnight/article23775493.ece

"ANMI (Association of NSE Members of India) welcomes enabling provisions on extension of trading hours but wishes to place on record that it should be restricted to index derivatives alone and not cover individual stocks, as they may be vulnerable to abuse by unscrupulous elements,” said Rajesh Baheti, President, ANMI.

Sent from my SM-J210F using Tapatalk
This is good info and a good idea too. As the @Night number of volume may decrease, so only Index Trading will make sure the liquidity doesn't drop too much.
Currently, we don't know the possible and bid-ask spread @Night. Later with popularity Stock, Fut could be introduced. Initial stages small steps at a time is good.

I have opened a separate thread to discuss the facts. Pls, move the discussion to that thread.
It is difficult to track the same discussion on the different threads.
Also, try to post imp info like above on that thread so that we can track all the related news easily. This is a big decision.
I'll quote the above info to below thread. But duplicate posts are no good.

So, pls shift the discussion to below thread.

http://www.traderji.com/community/t...f-o-trading-till-11-55-p-m-from-oct-1.106373/