SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Options trading will be less attractive with comparatively less return.
Options sellers will demand more premium to compensate for the margin hike.
IV will increase. IV will increase suddenly during momentums and drop quickly too.
Options buyers will face more difficulty.
That was one of the goals for SEBI, to make option market unattractive as much as possible. With the long night hour options is going to lose momentum also. But due to less volumes. We can see the sudden increase of volatility spikes.. more frequently in night sessions.

We have to wait for the exact effect. According to report previously premium was increased automatically (by the demand from option writers) after margin hike.

Options buyers must be ready to pay for higher premium and earn less. Options will also move slower due to increased trading hours - due to add on night session.

By, increasing margin heavily SEBI had done enough. May not be so strict now on net-worth on 18th Sept meeting. IMO.

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
1. "Bank Statement of any 6 months starting from 2009 till date can be submitted" ..
What the hell does this mean?Anyone?
I think this is old document thats why old dates. We have to wait for new guideline after sep 18 meeting. They have already increased margins heavily. and may further increase as per circular. Option selling margin is increased most. So they may have inputs that retail is now in selling options and they donot like it due to risk.

Riskyman

I think this is old document thats why old dates. We have to wait for new guideline after sep 18 meeting. They have already increased margins heavily. and may further increase as per circular. Option selling margin is increased most. So they may have inputs that retail is now in selling options and they donot like it due to risk.
Morning and thanks for your update. Yes lets wait for the next update from SEBI. With elections around the corner, do not anticipate any draconian measures.

Morning and thanks for your update. Yes lets wait for the next update from SEBI. With elections around the corner, do not anticipate any draconian measures.
May be, on other hand post implementation somebody will start chest thumping and say : " Bhaio Bheno, share bazar kya hai? kya hai? jue ka adda, maine ek hi jatke me baand karwa diya, bolo karwa diya ki nahi??????

Riskyman

May be, on other hand post implementation somebody will start chest thumping and say : " Bhaio Bheno, share bazar kya hai? kya hai? jue ka adda, maine ek hi jatke me baand karwa diya, bolo karwa diya ki nahi??????
Anything is possible man. Who knows what all they can do to collect votes?
This is the same government that was planning to regulate portion size served in restaurants. Remember? They are capable of doing anything.

hitesh05

Most of the retail traders are from Gujrat and west, they will never take a chance which will affect them in upcoming election.

No body in his right state of mind will say that ....why are you posting such things ?

Smart_trade