SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

Contra

Haha! Because it seems like many have developed an Anxiety Syndrome. Although the nature of regulations is portrayed as archaic, they may turn out to be progressive. After all, I don't think the vast majority of traders will stop trading because of a net-worth certificate requirement or a mandatory exam that is to be passed in order to trade in derivatives. I am convinced that traders will continue to trade as long as there are opportunities in the market. I don't foresee an outright ban on dealing in derivatives or anything extreme of those sorts.
You yourself had a clearly negative view of SEBI's proposals just 4 months back, as per your published article in the Financial Express (How SEBI’s proposed regulation on derivatives will impact retail investors, April 24, 2018).

https://www.financialexpress.com/mo...vatives-will-impact-retail-investors/1143544/

What changed between then and now?

Attachments

I wonder how you think of these funny things Sumo...:D

ST
Kya kare Sir, its very important to keep a sense of Humor in this world, where a person has to look, not only left and right while crossing the road, but also at the sky, to stay away from planes coming crashing down on them like in Mumbai a few months ago :)
Kasam se, have ducked 3 times since yesterday as helicopters in my area are doing some sort of low flying practice ahead of Festival season.

What people here are not able to understand is that... even if you get a CA certificate and are approved for say... 10 lots... where will the liquidity be?
Spreads will skyrocket.
Opening 5 minutes will be like the fastest roller coaster in Disneyland. Stops will fall like nine pins throughout the day. Price spikes will be so high, that very few of them will be picked up by Data Feeds, distorting charts even further.
If this law is pressed into action, trading as a business will cease, only investing will remain.
A 5000 Qty Nifty order will move prices by mabe even 5 to 10 rs, compared to 10 or 20 paise right now

Now maybe the Govt will make a rule asking people to first show they are financially capable of buying a car, before taking a driving licence.
Same for passport, show tickets to a foreign destination before applying.
Also, show proof of at least 2 children before marriage, to show you are capable of having kids and are able to raise them.
Yeah, my thought too. Make rules to prevent people from buying expensive things. Also, make rules to compel the "rich" from buying poor things.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
You yourself had a clearly negative view of SEBI's proposals just 4 months back, as per your published article in the Financial Express (How SEBI’s proposed regulation on derivatives will impact retail investors, April 24, 2018).

https://www.financialexpress.com/mo...vatives-will-impact-retail-investors/1143544/

What changed between then and now?
Nothing changed between then and now. I do stand by my statements in the article on Financial Express. I mentioned "they may turn out to be progressive" because they may actually take feedback from the market and alter their actions. I'm just being a cheerleader on this thread and I am confident that most active traders will jump these hurdles anyway.