Scalping NSE F&O difficult ?

gunsho

100 points gain translates to money gain as well. How money is not being made ?
you are trading Nifty.. AFAIK, we all are bound to STT/Transaction charges etc... Your statement says, you are either very NEW to trade (as ur name suggest) or I am definitely missing something here.. so you mean to say you don't have any cost on your trades? only paper trades cost nothing...
:confused:

you are trading Nifty.. AFAIK, we all are bound to STT/Transaction charges etc... Your statement says, you are either very NEW to trade (as ur name suggest) or I am definitely missing something here.. so you mean to say you don't have any cost on your trades? only paper trades cost nothing...
:confused:
I'm on the monthly plan of Achievers. No brokerage. And stt and others are negligible charges

gunsho

I'm on the monthly plan of Achievers. No brokerage. And stt and others are negligible charges
Yes. but they are negligible.. but you are never opening your mouth on what you are seeing.. you are trading for 2 days right?

AFAIK, it always works out to 1.5 points in zerodha. it may be more or less.. but you should have a number right? can you look at ur contract note when you traded before and see for urself. Please note you don't have to show us ur contract note... If you are making money, very good for you :). But just make sure your cost is less.. Until now your cost in this thread is just theory.. no practical points I can see :(

Today i bought 6500 PE of May series at 11.75/- expecting markets to crash. Can someone tell me what price can i expect on this coming Monday and the week ahead? Thanks

jetking

Today i bought 6500 PE of May series at 11.75/- expecting markets to crash. Can someone tell me what price can i expect on this coming Monday and the week ahead? Thanks
u can expect it at rs 10 on monday and zero by this expiry

until nifty moves below 6500,which looks highly unlikely at present

Market don't run on hope. Untill market goes below 7000 and stay there for 1-2 day, that too within coming 2-3 days, 6500PE may not gain significant value.
Moreover what make you expect crash when there is no indication anywhere either in politics or technical chart.

But market sometime surprise everybody:):)

onlinegtrash

If you are trying to trade options like futures or stocks... to scalp... you are going to lose big.

Because options are *always* overpriced after considering all available information by option seller... in case of stocks, its purely demand/supply only.

I think one can scalp only if you can switch to options writer and options buyer based on market conditions... If you are one trick pony (usually only options buyer) you are going to feed smart options writers.

Other than that delta neutral strategies are there... but for that one need huge capital and constant risk monitoring and adjustment...

That's why scalping in options is NOT easy for many.

I bought 6500 PE May series at 11.75/- for Rs.50,000 thinking the markets would correct due to profit booking and I would profit-book the PE at 13 or 14/-

But I see the premium has eroded significantly today. Is there any hope for price of the 6500 PE to get to 13 or 14/- ?

If not, how can I hedge this loss with additional capital of 1 Lac brought in?

Thanks