Rs 12000 Loss in a day :( help!

EagleOne

Yes SG, it may be a good idea.But I find my laptop batteries dont last for long, so that is why suggested a more rugged option of a UPS and a Inverter battery.

ST
Depends, ST. I made sure that my dell laptop came with the heavy duty battery, having double the amount of cells of normally shipped battery. It cost 3 K extra but the juice lasts 6+ hours easily on minimum brightness.

1)

2) Your losses have nothing to do with Technical Analysis knowledge or lack of it. It is because you failed to respect and manage your risk.That is your problem area. Treat risk with great respect.

Hope the above will help you in avoiding any such large loss in future.

Smart_trade
My broadband needs electricity for some kind of distributor switch to operate. These switches are at intervals on the broadband line. So if some other area has a power cut and the broadband line is coming to me through that area through a switch, then my internet does not work. I faced this problem that day as I have an UPS with 15 mins back up.

Your second point is right and an eye opener for me.

Thanks for the guidance.

Nothing new here. Sorry to hear though.

I saw many posts..but the real lesson was never learned here..

Lesson here is ALWAYS SET YOUR SL AFTER PLACING YOUR TRADES.

This means you must first decide all parameters of your trades before placing your trades. Entry/Exit and SL.

Clearly this trade was not planned. Basic beginners mistake. I know you read about common mistakes and thought i would never make this, but you did exactly that.

Also, absolutely no MM. 12000 position size :eek:

Learn the lesson and move on. :console:
I have learn t the lesson the hard way and will never again trade without having all the parameters set as you said above.

What is MM? Do you mean Market Maker ?