Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Josh1 for starting this wonderful thread. I have tried lot of things to capture real time data feed from google where the data is almost at par with my trading terminal but failed. Also, tried with Now as you have mentioned in this thread but it did not worked for me. My experiment is in the middle and since I am new to this stock market I do not want to spend money for paid data feeds. I am using the real time data feed (yahoo source) from stock live in but it gives me delayed data which is not matching with my trading terminal (Reliance Money). Is there any work around for me that I can try to fetch data for intraday real time from google without paying?

I will be highly obliged if you can guide me through.

josh1

Hi Josh1,
This utility is really great. I must thank you.
Do you have any list of items on roadmap for next version?
I suggest making youtube video for help than text. I can do it, if you don't mind.
Let me know.
May be you can take wishlist from people.
Thanks again.
MrKanitkar,

You are most welcome to create a video. Publish it and give a link here. You will get acknowledged for that. It seems that many people have lost there ability/patience for reading. Let us see if they care to watch the video and configure themselves.

I have made this utility open source so that collectively we can improve it.

As for the wishlist and future versions, Yes people can give their wish list here. However, I am not a professional programmer but have worked as a Project Manager for highly complex applications. I have to read, learn syntax and do the programming. That takes time. If there are any programmers here to help, I can give them leads. I can get the best output with least efforts.

Currently,
I am looking for Google URL that gives realtime data with volume. The URL I am having does not give volume.
You can also make video for ODIN and Trade tiger. SR114 will give necessary inputs.

Last edited:

josh1

Thanks Josh1 for starting this wonderful thread. I have tried lot of things to capture real time data feed from google where the data is almost at par with my trading terminal but failed. Also, tried with Now as you have mentioned in this thread but it did not worked for me. My experiment is in the middle and since I am new to this stock market I do not want to spend money for paid data feeds. I am using the real time data feed (yahoo source) from stock live in but it gives me delayed data which is not matching with my trading terminal (Reliance Money). Is there any work around for me that I can try to fetch data for intraday real time from google without paying?

I will be highly obliged if you can guide me through.
Abhi17

If you can get NSENOW as your trading platform, that will be best. I don't understand how you tried with NOW if you do not have it.

Reliance Money Trading software is similar to NSENOW. Right click in the Market Watch, and see if there is a facility like "Snap to Excel", "Link to Excel" or "Load in Excel". If that is available, click on that and see if you get changing rates in excel. Call their helpline and ask them. If you get rates in excel, you are halfway thru. We can take it over from there.

Otherwise, download latest utility RTG3.xlsm. I have given the link earlier in this thread. You can disable NOW Realtime feed in that and use it to get Google realtime feed. Minus volume of course. Delay is hardly 3 seconds.

josh1

Josh

his is a typical problem of Windows 7. he can create the RT folder but the RT3/RT3G excel is opening in read only mode and cant be saved while linking and pasting in the excel sheets.
sr
He may have disabled macros so they open in Read Only mode.
Else, Right click on RT3/RT#G excel. A window will pop up. Last item in window will be "Properties". Click on that. Another window will pop up. Find "Read only". There will be a tick mark against it. Unchek it and save.

also another thing - in Sharekhan's Trade Tiger, the implementation of cell inputs from Snap to Excel is quiet a bit different from DIET ODIN implemantation. u have to put the full path in the excel sheets and it not like that of DIET ODIN ( a bit cumbersome)

sr
Well, I can take over with Teamviewer as last resort and fix it if User puts in efforts first and gives proper description of where he/she is stuck. That will automatically create FAQ here for other users.

Otherwise, you and I will be end up configuring everybody's PC.:lol:

Start windows -- Start NOW or NEST -- Start Excel -- Open RT3 -- Check whether Prices are changing -- If not link to Excel -- If prices are changing, Click on the button "Start RT Data"

AmiBroker should open automatically. -- Open Chart for Scrips taken in RT3 -- Set intraday interval to tick -- check whether new ticks are appearing and charts are moving.

If not press "Prt Sc" button on top right of your keyboard or take a screenshot of RT3 as well as Ami if it has opened and give here. I shall help help you if you help yourself first. Please give full screenshot. Do not cut it. I need exact stage from above where it is going wrong.
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7388/atstartup.png

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/5074/changesdone.png

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4590/everytimesame.png

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/594/ihvetoopeneverytime.png

Status
Not open for further replies.