Real Time quotes from yahoo to Amibroker

Q

qa_y2k

funny,i have the same combo...vista/ami...wont work...i did get to check out cool tetras earlier release,works on excel but wont load the data to ami....and i did copy the idclose.format...
any suggestions would be appreciated ,thanks again.

Hello RK....

CoolRC is working perfectly fine for me and it does update its own sheet in excel as well as in ami too...but it has time stamp problem.

Hence I tried your given excel sheet but it doesn't update even its own price fields in excel sheet nor does it update the given AB database file.

Can you please check its working once again?

Thanks and regards,

Rajfal

rkgoyal_98

Re: Real Time quotes from y a h o o to Amibroker

Dear Friends,

There was a problem with the sheet with reference to date format. I have corrected the problem and now it is working fine.
I will also do away with idclose.format file in a day or 2 as the sheet is under testing.
Please try new sheet and report any problems
Thanks
RKG

Last edited:
Hi RK...

I did install the new excel and tried downloading but the same problem persists.

Today being Saturday, the sheet should have atleast shown the last traded price of friday but all the columns against scrip name remains blank.

Regards,

Rajfal

mahesh2007

Hello all,

With the help of Cool Tetra i have made a new sheet for downloading realtime data from ***** to amibroker. Basic concepts are same as has been used by Cool Intra in his sheet CoolRC. Following changes have been made in the sheet.

1. Time stamp problem has been modified so as to use Our own Machine time.
2. I have used quote.********** as url and it downloads data for 69 scripts in one go. This reduces the of no. times net is approached.

Rajeev
The URL u all mention is not visible due to site restriction.
please write URL as follows .

use (DOT) instead of .
use (8) instead of @ (if required in case of email addresses)
use w3 instead of www

This shall prevent e-mail/website harvestor to decipher what u write and shall ensure that one can write URL and email id's in this forum.

happy writing

rkgoyal_98

Hi,

I have restricted the sheet not to show the price if Y A H O O data is nt of the same date as that of system. You can try by changing system date to last traded date. This has been done to solve the problem of volume on each bar
Just try it and tell me it it works
Rajeev

rkgoyal_98,

I tried your new excel sheet after changing system date. I did not use idclose.format file.
It has brought one data against nse and bse indexes only in ami. Other symbols and data for other symbols are not brought in ami.
This is for your information.

Regards.

hi seniors,
please explain how to use this excel sheet and update data to ami. i have tried but i am unable, i cant understand what is Cool-tetra, and how to create this idclose.format file.... If someone can explain me and attach cool-tettra/idclose.format file,(if any other than this excel file) it will be a great help.

Thanks