Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

josh1

Josh sir,

My backfill and RTD are ok. But the problem is that my amibroker is not refreshing automatically. Real time data is updating in ami, but candle is not updating automatically. It has to be refreshed manually, then only the candle is updating. I am using Ami 5.3 with RTD1.30. Does it needs some setting in ami to be changed?

regards.
Change RequestRefresh = 1 in Settings

Snake.Head

P.S. If Listview does not pick up all scrips from Market watch, you may have to reinstall NOW.

@snake.head,

Can you please add two sections How to do backfill and How to save scrips for Realtime update in the help file?
Help file updated
Here is link
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/73fd0oomkhoi63o/RTD%20Help%20File.chm?dl=0

P.S. If Listview does not pick up all scrips from Market watch, you may have to reinstall NOW.
Don't need to reinstall if scrips are not showing
Just refresh marketwatch list in NEST/Now and click next plus or vwap in RTD again it show up

@Josh1 i have switch back old 1.25 version
1.30 used to crash if beltwaittime kept 0
and if Started before 9.15 i used get RTDman.exe crashed

josh1

Help file updated
Here is link
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/73fd0oomkhoi63o/RTD%20Help%20File.chm?dl=0

Don't need to reinstall if scrips are not showing
Just refresh marketwatch list in NEST/Now and click next plus or vwap in RTD again it show up

@Josh1 i have switch back old 1.25 version
1.30 used to crash if beltwaittime kept 0
and if Started before 9.15 i used get RTDman.exe crashed
NOW does not have provision to refresh market watch. I cannot find any. May be you can shift between two Market Watch Tabs.
If you don't want bell, just delete the baby_cry.avi file.
RTDMan.exe crashed? :confused:

rmike

RTD will pick up scrips from Market Watch but not update in settings.ini untill you select them .................

Hi Josh,

In the interests of brevity didn't mention earlier that these steps/ permutations were tried, except the step of NOW reinstallation. Will think about it. Currently RTDMan meets my requirements

One suggestion though, if you find the time to implement next.

Ami stores minute data from 00 - 59. RTDMan pushes out minute bars in 01 - 00 format.

For e.g RTDMan will push out data from 0915 to 0916 as 09:16:00 which logically should sit in the timespace container from 0915 - 0916. However for ami's charting purposes, the data belongs to the timespace container of 09:16:00 to 09:16:59.

Therefore the graphical representation of data in ami shifts one time bar forward. Think about it, that's an artificially induced (virtual) time lag of 1 min. It probably won't matter for visual trading, but time dependent mechanical strategies may face issues. I can't implement a solution from ami's end because RTDMan is also firing tick data simultaneously

Thanks once again for all the effort on the little guys' behalf. Credit to snake too for the support files

Regards,

josh1

Hi Josh,

One suggestion though, if you find the time to implement next.

Ami stores minute data from 00 - 59. RTDMan pushes out minute bars in 01 - 00 format.

For e.g RTDMan will push out data from 0915 to 0916 as 09:16:00 which logically should sit in the timespace container from 0915 - 0916. However for ami's charting purposes, the data belongs to the timespace container of 09:16:00 to 09:16:59.
Data from RTD server is coming in the string format HH:mm:ss. Original RTDMan pushes data in the same format 09:15:00 ..... 09:15:59 ... 09:16:00.

I am converting it to HHmmss by removing colons. For 1 min candles I am just deleting seconds and pushing data in the format HHmm. 0915 , 0916, 0917 ..... 1529, 1530
So anything from 091500 to 091559 goes to 0915 candle. Next candle is for 091600 to 091659 and so on.

As for scrips not being picked up from Marketwatch, simple reinstall of NOW fixes the issue in most cases.