real magical strategy for you .

Hi, I have gone through trade today only and found the strategy quite interesting.

Please clarify following (may sound silly for a thread running so long..):

(a) The high of the Jan is based on daily closing price?

(b) Long position is to be taken based on daily closing price of subsequent month breaching Jan high price?

rajsumi121

Hi, I have gone through trade today only and found the strategy quite interesting.

Please clarify following (may sound silly for a thread running so long..):

(a) The high of the Jan is based on daily closing price?

(b) Long position is to be taken based on daily closing price of subsequent month breaching Jan high price?

we consider only monthly closing basis .. we go long if any coming month it will close above jan month high price with stoploss of closing below jan month high price in any coming month after trade .

For me, it has a flow. Since 2003, market was moving up. So, it looks decent. but, If you did what you would do in 2002, you end up a loser.

And if you do it in 2012, if the market closed above jan close, I dont think will be a good move.

My humble opinion.

cheers

Last edited:

rajsumi121

For me, it has a flow. Since 2003, market was moving up. So, it looks decent. but, If you did what you would do in 2002, you end up a loser.

And if you do it in 2012, if the market closed above jan close, I dont think will be a good move.

My humble opinion.

cheers
market corrected very badly in 2008 .... infect 1st year in trading history when nifty gave 4000++ points in one year ... 6357 to 2252 ..in just one year ...thousands gave his/her whole life savings only in 1 year ...2nd its doing good till 2003 ... continually from last 9 years ..but no one knows what will gonna happen in future ..we always play on probability .

stock72

so by this strategy now peak of jan took over... means this year complete bullish ?

market corrected very badly in 2008 .... infect 1st year in trading history when nifty gave 4000++ points in one year ... 6357 to 2252 ..in just one year ...thousands gave his/her whole life savings only in 1 year ...2nd its doing good till 2003 ... continually from last 9 years ..but no one knows what will gonna happen in future ..we always play on probability .

rajsumi121

so by this strategy now peak of jan took over... means this year complete bullish ?
its too early to say my dear friend .. we have to watch only on monthly closing basis ... if nifty manage to close above jan month high in the end of feb ...then one can go long with stoploss of if close below jan month high on monthly closing basis .